“Best Casa in Cuba” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista al Prado

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Vista al Prado
You added Vista al Prado to your Saves list
Carcel 156 | e/Prado y San Lazaro, Havana, Cuba   |
Ranked #34 of 433 Havana B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best Casa in Cuba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Federico makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. The casa is comfortable, clean, has amazing views of Havana, and is very reasonable, making it the perfect place to stay. During the trip we stayed at six different casas and Federico's was by far my favourite. The food was the best out of all of them, and the suppers were so good, that we chose to eat in some nights instead of going out. The location is great just a 5 to 10 minute walk from the heart of centro Havana. There are bars and restaurants near by and a beautiful stretch of sea about 100m away, which is vibrant at night. Federico speaks very clear English and was always helpful. I cannot stress how much I recommend this to anyone wanting a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

me and my hasbant spent there a few days at June of 2013. very clean casa, exelent location just a few minutes walking from the Havana center, all the turistic attractions and the beautiful old town.Frederico speaks very good english and he is the most helpful. He can give you advice about you all vacations (where to eat, how to go anywere, what to avoid). He and his friend Leo, organized our trip from the minute we arrived there. you should try his breakfast too!!!
thank you for everything hope to see you again!!!!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This casa is the best out of our whole Cuba trip! So great that we decided to come back for more.

With some cities you travel with car or public transport but Havana is really a city where you would want to walk around and absorb the local way of life. This casa offers us the best start - perfect location. Situated right at the middle of centro Havana and old Havana, we can waive around the streets and walk EVERYWHERE.

We stayed in 3 different casas in our trip- Federico makes the best breakfast - hands down. We miss his incredible fresh papaya juice - so yummy. If you have the chance, ask him to prepare you a dinner. Portion is HUGE so you probably won't finish it but food is SUPERB! Much better value than most restaurants in town.

Federico and Janet are very friendly and accommodating. We had great conversations and learnt so much from them - from the Cuba way of life to the best art gallery in town. :)

Thanks for making our experience a special one! If we are returning to Havana, that's where we will be staying.

Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at this Casa for the best part of three weeks and I couldn't have been happier. Frederick and Janet are young,vibrant hosts who are both welcoming and accommodating.

If you are travelling around Cuba, Frederico can help and advise you book the best places to stay. If you want to have a great meal and the best Mojitos on the whole island this is the place.

By the time I left I felt I was leaving two old friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This casa is located in one of the BEST parts of Havana and we had a blast staying here. Federico's breakfast included eggs, fresh baked rolls, fresh juice and very powerful "cuban style" coffee which really helped get us moving in the morning. What a great experience!

Travelers Tip: We've found that the best bargaining tactic while in Havana is the "walk-away" negotiating technique. For example, to get 2 people a taxi to the airport walk by the nearest group of taxi drivers and tell them you'll pay $10CUC for the trip (total for 2 people). They will surely shake their head in disgust and at this point you should start to walk away and await their counter offer. We used this tactic throughout our trip to Cuba and it helped us save a lot of $ in what can otherwise be a pretty expensive place to visit. Never accept the first stated price as the final price... they'll usually accept something 30-50% below their first offer.

Room Tip: We slept in both rooms during different points in our trip and they were both great.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed just one night before flying out, but a great place and a wonderful large clean room and so friendly.

The outside of the property and the stairwell are not a reflection on the beautiful apartment when you get to the top.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed here on 2 separate trips... The first time I didn't know what to expect and took a chance after reading the positive reviews. JACKPOT! Now I can't imagine staying anywhere else. I returned a year later and re-experienced the exceptional hospitality, and attention to detail! This place is a gem, the location is ideal and rooms are spacious and immaculate. There are many restaurants within a minute or two of the front door, and I found the neighborhood VERY safe. I rate both visits to Federico's property a 10 out of 10... I could have stayed in a luxury hotel, and spent MUCH more, however even the finest hotel in Havana falls short to the experience of staying at this property. The level of service, central location, and Federico's pure generosity is unmatched- I'd recommend this property to the most discerning traveler. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Vista al Prado? Share your experiences!