“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista al Prado

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Vista al Prado
You added Vista al Prado to your Saves list
Carcel 156 | E/Prado y San Lazaro. Havana Vieja, Havana, Cuba   |
Ranked #21 of 484 Havana B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lima, Ohio
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at this Casa for the best part of three weeks and I couldn't have been happier. Frederick and Janet are young,vibrant hosts who are both welcoming and accommodating.

If you are travelling around Cuba, Frederico can help and advise you book the best places to stay. If you want to have a great meal and the best Mojitos on the whole island this is the place.

By the time I left I felt I was leaving two old friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This casa is located in one of the BEST parts of Havana and we had a blast staying here. Federico's breakfast included eggs, fresh baked rolls, fresh juice and very powerful "cuban style" coffee which really helped get us moving in the morning. What a great experience!

Travelers Tip: We've found that the best bargaining tactic while in Havana is the "walk-away" negotiating technique. For example, to get 2 people a taxi to the airport walk by the nearest group of taxi drivers and tell them you'll pay $10CUC for the trip (total for 2 people). They will surely shake their head in disgust and at this point you should start to walk away and await their counter offer. We used this tactic throughout our trip to Cuba and it helped us save a lot of $ in what can otherwise be a pretty expensive place to visit. Never accept the first stated price as the final price... they'll usually accept something 30-50% below their first offer.

Room Tip: We slept in both rooms during different points in our trip and they were both great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed just one night before flying out, but a great place and a wonderful large clean room and so friendly.

The outside of the property and the stairwell are not a reflection on the beautiful apartment when you get to the top.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed here on 2 separate trips... The first time I didn't know what to expect and took a chance after reading the positive reviews. JACKPOT! Now I can't imagine staying anywhere else. I returned a year later and re-experienced the exceptional hospitality, and attention to detail! This place is a gem, the location is ideal and rooms are spacious and immaculate. There are many restaurants within a minute or two of the front door, and I found the neighborhood VERY safe. I rate both visits to Federico's property a 10 out of 10... I could have stayed in a luxury hotel, and spent MUCH more, however even the finest hotel in Havana falls short to the experience of staying at this property. The level of service, central location, and Federico's pure generosity is unmatched- I'd recommend this property to the most discerning traveler. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

A lovely apartment just off the Malecon and in easy walking distance of all the sights of Havana. Frederico and Janet were wonderful hosts; really tasty breakfasts and dinners, clean and comfortable rooms and really good (and strong) mojitos. They also helped us book the rest of the casas around Cuba.
I would definitely recommend and visit again!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed with 5 girls & we had a great time, we asked to come back the next time we're in Havana.
Fredrico helped us organise all the other casa's for the rest of our trip.
The casa's in a great location, good breakfasts, amazing mojitos & great hosts.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I found Vista al Prado online while looking for a place to stay at the beginning and end of my two week trip to Cuba in December. It couldn't have been more perfect. Due to a flight delay, I ended up getting to Havana Airport at almost 3 AM in the morning and once I landed, was told that my airline had lost my luggage. I was almost in tears. I called Federico and he picked up immediately. And he spoke perfect English! He told me exactly what to do, said not to worry, that luggage gets lost all the time and gave me crystal clear instructions on how to get to his place. Met me at the door with a warm welcome and a drink at 4 in the morning. The rest, as they say, is history. It's just so obvious from being here that it is the perfect place to stay. The location is literally STEPS away from Prado and the Malecon...I took some spectacular pictures of the sunrise from his balcony, and walked to the ocean every morning (3 minutes) to run the seawall. You are literally right at the pinnacle of Old Havana. I stayed in many casas during my two weeks in Cuba, and although the hospitality was warm and welcoming everywhere, the fact that Federico spoke fluent English, that he had so many contacts in the city, and that you got to chat with him and get a feel for real Cuba, made this an unbelievable part of my trip. There is no other place I would stay in Havana when I go back. Thank you, Yanet and Fico!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Vista al Prado? Share your experiences!