“Great value (and great fried chicken!)” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Description: Directly opposite the hotel Havana Libre
Description: Directly opposite the hotel Havana Libre
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great value (and great fried chicken!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This paladar is recommended by our "Cuba... like a local" Michelin guidebook.

My husband and I ate lunch here and really enjoyed it. Yes, the paladar is very small but it is clean and the food was great. We shared one order of the fried chicken but it was more than sufficient for the both of us and it was delicious. It came with the usual salad and rice and beans which we found to be fresh so no problems there.

The service was a bit patchy but very friendly and we would definitely eat here again if we are in Havana in the future.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Havana, Cuba
“Still great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was a little disappointed with my last visit here. I always come here because of the quality, generous portion sizes and the prices. My last visit my pork steak (5CUC), was excellent, but the sides tasted like they've been sitting around for a day or two. My girlfriends omlette (4CUC) was dleicious but had the same issue with her rice and beans. We also had a bottle of wine for 8CUC. I'm hopeful this was a one time thing. My previous dozen or so visits were all excellent. I will definitely be back. This has always been one of my favourite restaurants in Havana. The prices are excellent and the food is usually quite good. For people trying to find this place it is located right across the street from the TRYP Habana Libre down a little walkway.

Visited May 2012