“best holiday ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Particular de la Dra Flora Roca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Particular de la Dra Flora Roca
You added Casa Particular de la Dra Flora Roca to your Saves list
Calle B #705 | entre 29 y Zapata, Havana, Cuba   |
Ranked #28 of 149 Specialty Lodging in Havana
London, England, United Kingdom
“best holiday ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

had a 2 week holiday at this casa and it was an excellent experience, we made to fell so welcome from the minute we enter the house.
the house is beautiful and very comfortable in a very nice street with very frendlly surroundings.
Dr Flora and Osvaldo were the hosts with the most, very talkative and friendly and allways ready to help with good advise and a big smile on their faces.
The casa is close to the La plaza de la revolution , malecon. Can't wait to go back and live it all over again and i highly recomend it to anyone heading to cuba.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

You won´t regret it at all if you stay in this casa. I stayed there for almost 3 weeks and from the first moment I just fell like being home. The house is beautiful, clean, comfortable and so is the room. You have absolutely everything you need and even more. Flora and Osvaldo are both very nice, friendly and attentive people, ready to help you anytime. Also the food they serve is delicious. You will love not only Flora and Osvaldo´s casa but the neighborhood as well. The house is in very nice part of Havana, in Vedado, in a residential quarter with beautiful houses. You can admire the eclectical architecture every single, no matter how long you stay. From the casa you can walk easily to the Plaza de la Revolution or calle 23 which leads to Malecon.
I hope I can go back soon to Havana and stay again in this house with these great people and neighbours! If you are planning a trip to Havana you could not stay in nicer accommodation than this casa, you can´t be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed in the Casa Particular of Dra Flora Roca for five months during my year abroad and I couldn't have been happier about it. Amazing house and location but most of all amazing people, hospitality and food! This is a place to stay for both long and short term stay. I felt so lucky staying there as the house is wonderful, really pretty and spacious and rooms are always clean and include a shower and toilet as well. Food provided was excellent, you couldn't get anything tastier elsewhere or more authentic. Osvaldo and Flora are a loving couple always taking care of their guests whatever their needs. They are very enthusiastic, so welcoming and care a lot about their guests always providing them with useful information as to where to go and where not to go in Havana and the island in general. Their English is also excellent which is great for guests that are not feeling too comfortable with their Spanish and well I could not think of anywhere else better to stay than there. Thanks to Flora and Osvaldo and their warm hospitality I had the most amazing five moths of my life living at a great house in a great neighborhood where everyone knows you and makes sure u have a great time. I will go back as soon as I get the chance simply because people like Osvaldo and Flora are hard to find...so is their casa particular.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed three nights at the casa of Flora and Oswald. The room is very nice, with clean bathroom and warm water 24h. The house is very close to Plaza de la Revolution with a 5min. distance from city centre (with taxi). The neighbourhood is beautiful. Moreover, Oswald and Flora are very friendly, talkative people. They both are fluent in English and are ready to spend time with you having a chat about what to see or giving advises. Generally, I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The house exally looks muchs better then u are able to see at the front picture. the terrace just invite u to stay and read or just look aroud. its very green and the garden is in a very stage. its a kind of peacefull place. Flora and Oswaldo are very helpfull and did what they could to make my experience in havana unique. very trustfull people. i left my bag there and traveled around and got all back. They also wash ur clothes if u need. its very clean and the rooms are in a good stage. especially the matracces are all right wich is really rare to find in cuba. In my point of view its also the best neiberhood to stay as nobody try to sell u anything. u just have the feeling that u forming part of life in havana. I think its a nice and save place to start in havana. Vedado neiberhood is defenetly woth to see and stay. and still very central as u are just 5 min walking from the busstation and la plaza de revolucion.
Well I just staed there a cupple of days ago and would defintly recomed to anybody.
viktor

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed in Dr. Flora's casa particular last July (2011) and found her accommodations welcoming and pleasant. It was an easy walk from her home to a good Cuban restaurant in a safe neighborhood. We ate a nice breakfast before departing (only a one-night stay). Dr. Flora is personable and helpful, and she speaks excellent English.

Room Tip: In a quiet area of town. No noise at all. Residential area.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Edmonton, AB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I am confused why my experience at this casa was so much worse than the reviews I read about it beforehand.

When my friend and I arrived at Flora's casa, her and her husband did not even show us the house. We had to ask for a tour to see where we would be staying, but they only showed us the front yard and porch and then didn't even finish showing us the rest of the house. They also neglected to tell us they stocked water for their guests in the kitchen, so my friend and I bought many bottles of water to have in our room, only to find out later it was a waste of time and money. Also, of all the casas we stayed at in Cuba, the breakfast served here was by far the worst we had. It was very simple, small portions, and Flora didn't even ask us how we wanted our eggs cooked (or if we even wanted them, as my friend doesn't eat eggs).

Our rooms were not dirty, but they definitely weren't clean. Overall the whole experience here left us feeling kind of depressed and trapped in this dingy place with absent-minded hosts. We ended up checking out several days early, opting to pay much higher prices at a hotel in order to stay somewhere nice. Flora actually reprimanded me for checking out early because it would hurt her business, which I found distasteful given her lack of effort during our stay.

I realize the quality of casas in Havana may not be the same as smaller tourist towns, but this seemed a bit too much to tolerate. I hope we happened to stay at this casa while the hosts were having a bad week, and our experience is not typical.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Particular de la Dra Flora Roca? Share your experiences!