“Your Worst Nightmare in Hotel Service!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Neptuno-Triton

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Havana
Hotel Neptuno-Triton
You added Hotel Neptuno-Triton to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3ra Ave. y 74 | Miramar, Havana, Cuba   |
Ranked #69 of 76 Hotels in Havana
Quepos, Costa Rica
“Your Worst Nightmare in Hotel Service!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible, There was nothing except on Clerk that was very helpful, but besides that everything else was a disaster, the food, the room, the TV was playing Communist propaganda basically 24/74 in all channels. Extremely old amenities and infrastructure was very bad shape and dirty, including the swimming pool areas, and some of the areas look very creepy and spooky.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Its probably the worst hotel I have ever experienced... Out of a terror movie! We traveling with a group and I belive all of us had the same impression. The lobby had no decent toilets and strange women were walking around (you can imagine what for...). The elevator didn't work very well, the food was pretty bad, service was horrible, the A/C was loud... We walked to the top floor to see the view and we found a complete floor fillex with garbage, broken doors and windows. Scary, unpleasent... Will never stay there again! Didn't see any other hotels in town, so I can't compare, but I hope there are better ones for the sake of tourism in the island!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
taupo, nz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Circumstances forced us to spend a night in this hotel as it was the only one available. Breakfast was in edible and there were no dishes or plates to be had. A friend managed to find a few cornflakes which he had in a cup and had to use a fork to eat them. Outside the pool loungers were dirty as was the pool. The entrance and reception area of the hotel didn't seem bad but as soon as you got beyond that it was dismal. Lumps of concrete missing from balconies and the fire escape stairway didn't look safe either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I see some of the pictures on this site and wonder which hotel they are from. We only stayed one night (friday 22nd March 2013) so we coped fine. I am not sure who would tollerate such a disgusting hotel for any longer.

Baring in mind that this hotel was arranged as part of the "Havana Overnight" tour (which was reasonably priced) we were not being especially demanding. All we wanted from a hotel was for it to be a base to have a shower and a sleep, so all it needed to be was clean. It wasn't.

The floor was stained, the bathroom was repulsive and there was a stain on the chair that I just hope was toothpaste.

One of the couples in our party complained that the room was dirty. Reception sent up a maid, the maid returned and just said that the room was fine. The staff don't care, the place is falling apart, if you have to stay here drink plenty of Rum and eat elsewhere!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hertford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We only stayed 2 nights whilst we visited Havana from the Cayo Coco's - and thank goodness this was just a base & we weren't here too long!!

Balcony...lumps of concrete falling off...didn't look safe to me. Don't bring children here.

Rooms dull and gloomy although bedding was clean. To shower...you stand in a wonky, plastic bath which is unstable & could be quite a hazzard especially to elderly people.

Breakfast room is filthy, choice of food ghastly & staff miserable & unfriendly. I'm prepared to try to find good in any establishment....but I struggled to do so here. Buyer Beware!!

Room Tip: my only tip would be....don't stay here!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lifts didn't work, the breakfast was inedible and reception tried to get us to pay again, a horror from Soviet times, and expensive to get to an interesting part of town. In contrast to this the rest of Cuba was magical.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Malaga, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I book what I hoped would be the 'Holiday of a Lifetime.' Friends were living in Cuba and encouraged me to come and visit. (I booked a hotel as part of the flight package as they did not have room in their own home to put me up.) I spent as LITTLE TIME AS POSSIBLE in this out dated and run down hotel. I was shocked that the HOTEL SECURITY - (who are on the front door 24x7) would not allow my Cuban friends over the threshold??? The hotel experience itself - I reported to Reception that the fridge in my room was not working (I at least wanted some cool water to drink in this very humid climate.) It took at least 3 days and I was only there for 10. On arrival (in the middle of the night, and something which the hotel should be used to being a partner of 'Iberostar Holidays'), did not provide adequate food options. The pool looked OK, but as I was there out of season, no one was using it. I cannot remember about the lifts particularly, and even though I had a 'sea view', I did not like the over all ambience of the hotel to stay long enough on the balcony to comment (I think I remember it was very windy so infact did not open the doors much!) The cleaning standards were OK. But I did not really need them as I only used this place to sleep. (That was sort of OK - as I used ear plugs to keep out the whilsting noise from the ill fitting balcony doors.) I am sad to say that much of the area I stayed in (and Havana centro itself), were very run down and IMO you have to have a very strong mind to over look the fact that you are in a virtually a 3rd world country. (I won't talk about the contstant begging, only to say it reminded me of the desperation of Morocco.) PS - I am not a 5 star gal, and don't mind roughing it. But for all the hype, Cuba does not live up to the mark. :(

Room Tip: None... all are likely to be in a run down /out dated state!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Neptuno-Triton? Share your experiences!