“Hands Down Best Meal on the Island!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Denver, CO
“Hands Down Best Meal on the Island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

1 dinner, why oh why, only one? This was a place that I was on the fence about making a reservation at. Some gentle urging convinced me and man were we happy we did. This place was hands down the best meal we had on island. Such great service and recommendations, so friendly, great wine recommendation, and the food – spectacular. I wish we would have discovered this place sooner in our trip so we could have eaten here more. I wish I could trade the money we spent at At Sea and La Guernica to eat here. The Carpaccio appetizer everyone recommends, is fabulous, the pastas were heaven, my husband’s carbonara was absolute perfection, my braised beef ravioli was fabulous. The tiramisu was an inspiration. And the price was so reasonable, a whole bottle of fine wine, 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts, $150 with a good tip! I cannot wait to return and am drooling over it now. This is a MUST at least TWICE per trip.

Kralendijk, Bonaire
“Creative and delicious Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I know the chef very good (personally), and i always loved the food here. I can't forget the desserts, I feel like I'm in heaven when I'm eating a Tiramisu or a homemade sorbet. :D
Looking for a high rated place with great food on Bonaire, you came to the right place ;)

London
“A wine list to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a bit of a trek from our hotel but we decided to eat here because, to my surprise, they serve gluten free pasta,(note to owner, you should make this more obvious, it's a big selling point!) but the wine list alone was worth it - it's about the most extensive I've seen in an Italian restaurant anywhere in the world. The only problem was where to start, but I'd reckoned without the owner, whose encyclopaedic knowledge has to be experienced to be believed. We had an excellent meal overlooking the harbour and watching the sunset. Yes there were mosquitoes (as there are everywhere in Bonaire) but the view and the evening breeze made sitting outside a must. Comparatively expensive for Bonaire, but well worth it for a special occasion. Good food, excellent wine, friendly and efficient staff (the former a given in Bonaire, not necessarily the latter), great view - can't ask for much more than that!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, FL
“Great Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this delightful Italian restaurant while strolling the downtown area. It is a little off the beaten path, but has a beautiful ocean view. We sat on the patio and were thankful we had brought along bug spray because the mosquitoes were out and about. I had the white pizza and it was so yummy. The lasagna and the other dishes we had at our table were all raved about. Homemade pastas, complimentary mimosas, and decent bread before the main course.

Visited May 2014
“So good we went twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I wouldn't expect to find some great Italian food in Bonaire given I'm an Italian from NYC. The food here was excellent and the atmosphere was wonderful. We enjoyed it so much we went back for our last night on Bonaire. Both times we didn't have a reservation and they were able to accommodate us with only a small wait. The restaurant is in a great spot right on the water and I was impressed with the amount of staff working and their attentiveness. Great choice and we'll be back on our next trip.

• Visited April 2014