“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great food and excellent service superior to common standards in the Caribbean. I enjoyed the food and I appreciated the gourgeous wine list.

Visited December 2013

Smyrna, Georgia
“Lola treats you right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We dined there on a busy Sunday night and were fortunate to get a nice quiet table on the patio area. We had made reservations online prior to arriving to Bonaire and despite a little confusion, we were sat promptly with a gorgeous view of the water. They had a live acoustic guitar player who gently strummed a mixture of Latin music with some 70's easy listening hits. Lola is a wonderful purveyor of all things food and wine, and she regaled us with a humorous story about the wine we chose for the evening. My wife and I both had the tasting menu that was absolutely delicious, although they did forget the misto salad first course. As mentioned before, service is set at a very casual pace and our meal took 2 and a half hours. We really enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend making reservations since many of the islands better restaurants seem to fill up quickly one the sun sets. Bravo, Carpacio! It's time for an encore performance our next trip to Bonaire.

Visited January 2014
Marietta, Georgia
“Two visits to a great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Capriccio is the one restaurant in Bonaire that we usually visit more than once per trip. Besides an early visit we have established a tradition of visiting Capriccio for our last dinner on the island. We used to focus mostly on thei seafood, which was very good, but recently we have discovered the wonderful fresh pasta dishes which we enjoyed on both our visits this time. All the dishes were delicious and the basket of bread as well as the plate of crisp, thin flat bread were excellent additions.
A discussion of Capriccio would not be complete without mentioning the great wine list (listed by Wine Spectator as one of the very best) and Lola’s knowledge of the wines. On our first visit she seem pleased that I asked for a Barbara wine as she thinks that is one of the most under-appreciated wines of Italy. On our second visit I had scallops in my pasta so Lola steered us toward a Pinot Noir (Pinot Nero in Italy) blend that worked very well.
We say that we go to Bonaire to windsurf, but I kid Susan that she really goes to Bonaire so she can go to Capriccio; it is that good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tenafly, New Jersey
“Still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

One of the oldest restaurants in Bonaire. I've been going there for over 30 years and quality, and service (by the owners) still first rate. Moved to new. larger location but because of its reputation, could be a problem getting a table without a reservation. I've never missed a visit here at least once during my stay on Bonaire, and you shouldn't either.

Visited February 2014
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Capriccio restaurant is one of my fav. restaurants on Bonaire. Great service and beautiful. Totally recommended as a romantic restaurant.

Visited October 2013