“Excellent dive operation” 5 of 5 stars

south carolina
23 attraction reviews
“Excellent dive operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This was our 13th trip to Divi Flamingo & diving with Divi Dive Bonaire. This is a superb dive operation, with environmental sensitivity & overall excellent service. Alvin& Laurel are superb dive guides. The corals look good as was the fish life. There were more lionfish seen this trip than other previous trips here. This was a great trip as usual here.

Visited January 2014

North Andover, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Bonaire Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Divi Dive Bonaire is a terrific dive shop and especially convenient to the hotel, just steps away from your room to the shop and the dive boats.

The dive shop manager (serge) and assistant manager (alvin) are quintessential customer focused in their approach to running the dive shop.

While I do not have experience with the entire dive crew at Divi Dive, I did have time with Laurel, Enrique, and Orlando. They made the diving experience terrific./

I look forward to my next divi dive experience

Visited November 2013
Redington Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Couldn't Have Been Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My expectations were very high. I had wanted to go diving in Bonaire since I first started diving more than 30 years ago. I had listened enraptured to a then young woman named Dee Scarr from Bonaire describe their underwater world and explain how one could learn to gently interact with the sea (Touch the Sea).

So when it cam time to plan a very special vacation for my 60th birthday, Bonaire was at the top of my list. I did some research and selected the Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Divi Dive Bonaire largely due to the outstanding reviews I'd seen on Trip Advisor and I liked their location - close enough to town to walk.

They surpassed every expectation. The Divi Dive operation is fantastic. Serge, Alvin, Endro, Enrique, and team do wonderful jobs making sure you know the "rules of the reef" and get the maximum enjoyment out of your vacation. We opted for 3 boat dives a day (and we did a couple of shore dives from the Divi pier - one at night) because although we could have gotten tanks and taken them other places for shore dives, lugging around tanks and heavy gear just weren't our idea of vacation fun and sounded too much like work. We were given nice, large lockers out on the pier just a few steps from the boats and wash tanks. The boats tie up to moorings which mark the many reefs along Bonaire's and Klein Bonaire's shores. Entries were easy as were exits and the divemasters were also great guides, pointing out wonderful marine creatures like my new favorite, the frog fish.

You can't always tell how good any business is until you experience a problem. The Divi Dive team have my business for a lifetime because of the way they handled 2 situations. They realized accommodating a severely handicapped person on a boat full of non-disabled divers just didn't work due to logistics. So they made changes the next day which made her experience and the rest of ours much better. And another diver landed on me, causing me to slash open my palm on a piece of sharp hard coral. After the dive Laurel applied first aid and then arranged for someone to take me to the local ER for treatment which was very much appreciated.

The reefs are clear indicators that Bonaire's conservation efforts are working. They are lush and teeming with fishes of all varieties and from juveniles to adults. The sea fans and soft corals often are 5' or more tall. If there is an underwater Garden of Eden on earth, this is it for sure. The beauty is so magnificent, it brought tears to my eyes. And it's not a matter of if I go back to Bonaire...it's when. Although this started out as a trip of a lifetime, Bonaire and the Divi team are now friends and I am already making plans to go back next spring.

Visited October 2013
CT, USA
30 attraction reviews
“very professional operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family enjoyed this dive center and the great dives off Bonaire We especially loved the dolphin pod we came upon when coming in from a longer dive- most of our group jumped in and snorkeled at a respectful distance and we were able to see some babies fairly close up. Turtles also fun to see. Bonaire isn't what it used to be years ago (ca. 1982 when I first visited) but few places are... This dive center was well run and efficient, well organized and outfitted.

Visited June 2013
Benton, Kentucky
“Great operation Divi Dive Flaming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just completed a wonderful week full of diving with Divi Dive Bonaire. I was with a small group of divers,7. Two additional divers that were also staying at the resort decided to tag along with us for the week of diving with two of their experienced dive masters, Rofino and Luis. As always, the diving was incredible, with each dive site chosen to whet our appetite for the next. We took hundreds of photos and videos of everything from anemones to yellowtail damselfish. The pace was relaxed on the boat and under the water. Luis and Rofino took special care to make sure all of the divers would get the opportunity to view the unique residents at each site. Fresh fruit, usually the sweetes of oranges were sliced and offered after the first dive every morning. All I need now is a new Mac Pro to refine my photos for the week. Now to start saving up again for our return in 204!

Visited June 2013