“Gelato Island” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
West Long Branch, New Jersey
“Gelato Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I don't believe I have ever had gelato before, so the Gelateria was a divine destination as we walked down Kralendijk's main shopping roadway. It wasn't a particularly hot day last Sunday (11/10/13), and in fact there was no diving that day as a storm moved across the island in the morning hours. So, it appeared I was to accompany my wife on a shopping adventure "downtown" as we walked the few blocks from the Divi Flamingo where we were staying. Apparently, gelato has less cream than ice cream so it had a different and wonderful texture in my mouth. I had Hazelnut, but my wife had Snickers. I like them both, but the Snickers flavor was my favorite (if only I had known before I ordered!). It is apparently also true, due to the manufacturing process, gelato has less air in it so the flavor was much more intense than ice cream. The Caffe was cute and clean, the gelato was delicious, and the staff was warm, smiling and friendly. For a mid-day shopping break, everyone deserves to stop into Gio's for at least a small cup of Gelato! And on a not-so-hot day sit outside and watch the world go by on the street!

• Visited November 2013

Manhattan, Kansas
“Hot Spot on a Hot Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Gelateria is why we stopped, but the smell of coffee prompted us to try both! The gelato selection has a flavor for everyone,and was sweet, smooth and cool on a hot afternoon. So why did we have coffee too? The atmosphere lent itself to having a cup which was also served with special touches like whipped cream and flavors to try. Excellent! We visited this place twice!

• Visited October 2013
interlaken, NJ
“Packed with flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just the right treat after dinner or anytime for that matter, centrally located, can eat in with air conditioning or outdoors at tables. Prices start at $1.75 per scoop. Had the pineapple and coconut, both excellent

Visited November 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A must when in Bonaire. Best ice cream on the island. We would skip a dessert at most restaurants just to pop in and have a treat at Gio's. It's also nice to sit in the air conditioned room to get cooled down.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Gio's is one of the best gelato places I have been to. They even accommodated my lactose intolerance and gave me a soy version of the hazelnut. Their strawberry and lemon gelato are divine too.

Side note: We went twice in within 2 hours. It was THAT good.

• Visited October 2013