“Great introduction to Bonaire” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Houston
4 attraction reviews
“Great introduction to Bonaire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I went to Bonaire last week for our honeymoon. The first day we had lined up a 2 spot snorkel with Renee to get introduced to the rules of the reef and some of the spots. Renee was great. She picked us up at our hotel and took us on two very interesting drifts. She has a great eye for sea life and knows a ton about each animal. She was able to help my wife be more comfortable in the ocean. We liked the first day so much we signed up for a night snorkel the next. The night snorkel was totally different than anything I'd done before. I really recommend doing both a day and night snorkel with Renee.

Visited August 2013

Canada
“Most knowledgeable snorkelled in Bonaire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been to Bonaire 4 times, have snorkelled with Renee every time, with multiple trips each visit. Renee is definitely the most knowledgeable snorkeler. She picks you up and returns you in her van, takes you to unique sites where she knows what is best to see at current time. She provides drinks. You will not be disappointed in the personable, knowledgeable snorkel experience in the clear waters of Bonaire. Book her early so as not to miss this opportunity.

Visited July 2013
Burlingame, California
4 attraction reviews
“Bonaire's best snorkel guide: Renee Leach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We've been coming to Bonaire for 15 years, and have always scheduled at least one snorkel trip every time with Renee. We still learn something new! She does everything possible to show snorkelers the widest variety of reef creatures and habitats. This time we saw both a frogfish and a sea horse, which are usually very difficult to sight snorkeling. But the real value is learning about other lesser known fish, such as a banded puffer, a juvenile jackknife, or an unusually colored fish. She is also patient with those less able or new snorkelers. She constantly updates her knolwdge of the latest locations of the fish and turtles people want most to see. She also provides beverages between snorkel stops.

Visited June 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“One of the best things to do in the Caribbean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Renee Leach's Snorkel trips give you more fish and marine wildlife than you can imagine and undoubtedly more than any other place in the Caribbean, yet you are in either shallow or comparatively shallow water, feet from the beach. Renee's encyclopedic knowledge of marine life makes every trip with her completely different. I spent four days, twice a day following Renee around the island and on most occasions to where you would never think to go. Her unfailing bonhomie as well as insights into island life, politics and tourism make the money you spend (not much in my estimation) an outstanding bargain. Note that because time goes by so quickly, you'll be spending two or more hours in the water, and while Bonaire is close to the equator, you should seriously consider bringing or renting a wet suit for your personal comfort.

Visited January 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
“She's really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'd read excellent reviews of Renee on TA and so when we got to Bonaire, we scheduled a guided trip with her. I wish we'd had time to snorkel with her a second time. She picked us up at our condo and drove us to two separate snorkel sites. I had specified beforehand that I wanted easy entry and mild currents and she was true to her word. Both entries were super easy, using stairways to enter the water. We saw so many fish with her and she's good and seeing things we otherwise would not have seen. I highly recommend a snorkel with Renee if you go to Bonaire.

Visited June 2013