We looked forward to our 8th trip to Bonaire with great anticipation. Our first trip there was in 1987 so it would be our 20th anniversary visit. We had stayed in several different resorts/hotels on Bonaire with each having its positives and negatives but could never seem to find the "perfect" place. We have almost found it in the Bellafonte. This 4 story condominium is beautifully layed out on the edge of the ocean with wonderful landscaping and amenities. Bonaire is an island for avid scuba divers and this property is perfectly designed for a diving vacation. Diving is great off the very large dock on the premises with 3 methods of entry. Gear storage is just steps form the dock and even includes a beatiful marble "bath" for post dive rinsing. Next you step into the adjacent open air shower and you are ready to sit in the spa overlooking the ocean while enjoying an Amstel lager. Note: This is the "real" Amstel beer brewed under license in Curacao vs. the light abomination sold in the U.S.
Next you retreat to your 1 or 2 bedroom condo with a stunning view from both the living room and bedroom of the turquoise waters of Bonaire. The condos are huge by any standard and very well furnished. The spacious kitchen has full sized appliances and all the kitchen essentials. If you need anything for your condo the management on site responds immediately and politely. In fact, the staff at the Bellafonte was one of the best parts of the stay. There is no restaurant on the premises but it is just a short drive with no traffic to any restaurant in town. Being south of town, the Bellafonte is very close to all the southern dive sites. The Bellafonte arranged our diving package with a facility a 2 minute drive away which was very convenient and competent. If you are looking for great diving, peace and quiet, and a very comfortable accomodation, the Bellafonte would be hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellafonte is a small and friendly resort on an intimate setting facing the sparkling blue Caribbean Sea and the everyday breathtaking sunset. It offers a fine selection of luxurious Studios ( no ocean view), one- and two-bedroom 'apartment'-size Suites and spectacular Penthouses, each of them having a secluded veranda that unfolds the most beautiful ocean view panoramas and sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bellafonte Luxury Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellafonte Chateau De La Mer Hotel Bonaire
- Bellafonte Luxury Oceanfront Hotel Bonaire/Kralendijk