“Good food, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Ohio
“Good food, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Delicious tapas, paella,and pineapple-BBQ ribs! We sat outside watching the sunset over the water, and it was warm breezy and beautiful. My kids shared some tapas -- fish skewers, tempura shrimp with forest fruit terriyaki sauce, mussels baked with cheese & patatas bravas -- which was a good way to let them try a few different things in small portions. The ribs were so tenderized by the pineapple barbeque that I could easily cut them just with a fork. Yum!

• Visited December 2013

69% Recommend
  • Polish first
Warren, New Jersey, USA
“Tapas for 7”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We came a bit early as we had 3 children in the party, and had a fun meal. We ordered a wide range of tapas, passed them all around the table, and then ordered more. All were very tasty, the service was faster than anticipated, and the staff was attentive. The water location was great, but you have to be tolerant of the traffic passing by.

• Visited December 2013
seattle
“enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We got there just as they were opening with no reservations. We were seated right away and served well. All of the tapas we ordered were tasty. Also split the fish trio which was also quite good.Overall a nice experience.

• Visited November 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Gluten free menu and chef will adapt!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I was so thrilled to find that they had a gluten free menu. The waitress said it was a little outdated but went through it with me. We started with the ceviche which was dorado fish and had really nice flavor. We then ordered a variety of tapas. The chef adapted the calamari for me and steamed to make gluten free. My husband had the breaded calamari and preferred mine. I got the garlic shrimp which had wonderful flavor and I shared the garlic butter over the steamed calamari. I had the vegetable which I would pass next time. The flavors just did not go with the other dishes. My husband enjoyed the shrimp in lobster sauce and we shared the mussels in an awesome cheese sauce that was gluten free. I drank a wonderful Chile Sauvignon Blanc and my husband had beer. There were are many negative comments about service but we found the service helpful and prompt. Maybe they have been listening to comments. We have friends coming in tomorrow and will go back during this next week.

Visited December 2013
Hagerstown, MD
“Good Food, Horrible Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 6:30 and there was one table occupied. We were met by a staff person and when we asked for a table for two, we were asked if we had reservations. When I said no the person, without a word, turned around and walked off. She checked a book and then spoke to someone. She eventually told us we could take any table except one that was set up for eight people.

Several Dutch people came in after us and were immediately seated and waited on. I have experienced this in the past, as well.

The server was very slow and fairly oblivious, even by island standards. Our drinks stood empty with her looking at them for over 20 minutes. Finally another very pleasant person, possibly a manager?, came by and got us another bottle of beer and cleared our table. Our server just stood looking into space.

The traffic is very distracting.

I gave three stars because the tapas were excellent. If you don't mind horrible service, the food is good here.

Eight tapas and four bottles of Bright and 15% tip was $101.

Visited December 2013