“Loved Black Durgon Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Durgon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kralendijk
Black Durgon Inn
You added Black Durgon Inn to your Saves list
Kaya Gob. Debrot 145 | Hato, Bonaire, Kralendijk, Bonaire   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Kralendijk B&B and Inns
“Loved Black Durgon Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

We spent a week at the Black Durgon Inn and had the best vacation ever! It was our 2nd time to Bonaire, and we will stay at the Black Durgon Inn on our return vistis. It is small and the rooms are basic but clean, they all have AC and cable TV, and you get a fresh good breakfast every morning. The views are fantastic, the communal kitchen is convenient and a great place to meet the other guests and grab a cold beer to watch the sunset. It is like one happy family from the start in a very peaceful and relaxing setting. We had a great time with the other guests, all wonderful people - most are repeat customers of many years. The owners are the best. Al is an island icon and certified one couple while we were there, Rona (Al's daughter), her husband Rick and their daughter Emily will treat you like family and are charming hosts (all are Expatriate Americans). Rick took us diving at Town Pier at night and at Salt Pier. However, the BEST reef on Bonaire (Small Wall) is right in front of the Inn. Just go right or left from the diving dock and you will be dazzled. This is not a fancy place, but is absolutely charming, had everything we needed and wanted, and we saw the best sunsets ever. You can see fish in the water right from your breakfast table. If you are laid back and love nature, the ocean and peace and quiet, this is your place.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

Rona, RIck. Al and Doris are the greatest. We immediately felt at home at the Black Durgon Inn. Their daughter Emily is a sweetie! The diving is exceptional and RIck is a patient and careful instructor. The atmosphere is cozy and friendly. The sunsets are captavating.
We look forward to visiting again next January!

• Stayed January 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

I have recently returned from a 12 day break at the Black Durgon Inn. This was my first trip to Bonaire so I did not know what to expect - but relied upon the reviews on trip advisor. Upon arrival I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. The Black Durgon is informal and friendly with a relaxed atmosphere.
Although I was travelling alone I hooked up with some other divers to explore the dive sites. The diving is easy with excellent visibility.
This is a holiday I shall not forget and look forward to returning to meet Rik and Rona who run the Black Durgon.

South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Black Durgon Inn for eleven days and we had a fabolous time. Rona, Rick, and Al are the most gracious hosts and they are very attentive without being overwhelming. The dive shop is very conveniently located right off the pier and Rick is an excellent SSI instructor. My wife and I were a little bit rusty with our skills and Rick was very patient and helpful. The room we stayed in, overlooking the ocean, was perfect. Nothing fancy but comfortable and roomy. We really didn't spend that much time in the room except for sleeping anyway! We would hang out on the patio, or dive off the pier at one of the best dive sites in Bonaire, Small Wall. The breakfast every morning was a treat and the open air shared kitchen was a great thing as it saved us a lot of money from eating out every night. Out of an eleven day stay we ate out only 4 times. The rest of the time we cooked dinner while watching the sunset. I highly recommend the Black Durgon Inn to anyone who wants to experience what Bonaire is all about.

• Stayed February 2006
Stillwater Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

Just back from Bonaire - the first Carribean trip for us (Mom, Dad, and 12 year old son). We sure picked right staying at the Black Durgon Inn. It is small - less than a dozen rooms - is right on the water with its own pier, feels very private, and had a great mix of guests. It reminded me of growing up in Minnesota and all the great family run resorts there were here. Many of the guests have been going there for ten or more years, which tells you something. It also sits on one of the best dive spots on Bonaire. We'd wander down for coffee and breakfast in the morning, then migrate all of thirty feet to go snorkeling or diving, or maybe a little kayaking. The proprietors, Rick and Rona, make customer service feel like asking a neighbor you've known for years and really like for a hand or some advice. We returned both rested and invigorated from all the healthy activity. And all this for just over a hunfdred dollars a night!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

Recently returned for my sixth visit, I have come with a large group, a small group, just familly or this year a combination. Nothing fazes them.

If you want to just dive then one of the best sites on the island is 20 steps from breakfast (thank you Doris), the owners are divers and can point you in the direction of any other sites you fancy. Air just turns up at the front of the hotel, load it in your pickup (they will arrange the rental!) and away you go.

This year I came with three blokes and a ten year old to go diving, RIck (dive instructor) was waiting up for us at 4am when we arrived and was still up to greet us at breakfast. Rick then signed off my ten year old daughter who had been intimidated by instructors in Egypt and she was so comfortable she did extra dives with him for fun.

To stress the system I then had a women and an eight month old baby delivered, so Rona (Rick's wife) produced a cot, toys and a baby bouncer plus starter food and information on where to shop. A baby friendly dive operation, what's that about?

Restaurants are two minutes away or there's a guest kitchen plus barbecue so all needs are catered for, thoroughly recommended and back next year.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

Little did I know after spending our Honeymoon on the island of Bonaire in 1992 that it would become our favorite dive vacation destination! My husband and I have returned to Bonaire six times and spent the last four visits at the Black Durgon Inn. Although there are many places around the world to dive, we prefer the slower pace and friendly staff at the BDI. The entire establishment is designed to work with the natural flora and fauna of the island and is well located for two of the better dive sites on Bonaire. Some of our biggest sea life encounters were experienced right off their dock! Every morning you are greeted with breakfast and a smile, and if you are lucky a friendly iguana might stop by to join you. We have been to other hotels on the island, but if you are looking for a family friendly place to stay with beginner to advanced diving, snorkeling and more, or just to sit in a hammock and read, then look no further then the Black Durgon Inn. I thought I would take a minute to express appreciation for one of the pleasures I have encountered in my life and all the people that have left a lasting impression on my heart. Hope to see you soon!

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Black Durgon Inn? Share your experiences!