I am about to go back after spending a week at the Bamboo Bali and I cannot seem to get the smile of my face......!!!
Living a pretty fast professional life with lots of deadlines I was looking for total relaxation and I found it here.
It started with being picked up at the airport by Stanley, their friendly regular taxi driver. No need to arrange anything myself.
After arriving at the resort I was greeted by Anno who brought me to my cottage.
Now I have traveled quite some in Asia and the Caribbean but this seemed to bring those worlds together.
A nice welcome breakfast was already prepared and put into the fridge by Vera ( Anno's Wife ).
After a short sleep Anno took me for a walk thru the beautiful garden surrounding the cottages. This is his great passion and it shows. There are so many colorful flowers and fruit trees and even a special tree that both the Parots and Iguanas seem to love.
A short walk brought us to their latest addition, and the place where I spend most of my time "The garden of Eden"........!!!
This is a inside courtyard that was created for privacy and relaxation for sure. It has a small but cozy Salt Water Lounge Pool and 2 Jacuzzi's. The Jacuzzi's were kept super clean which differs from some other places I have stayed before.
They have satellite tv so I was able to keep up with my favorite team the Yankees.
Everyone was really helpfull and made me feel totally relax for the week. Even Maria, who does the cleaning of the cottages is super nice. With her little English and my little Spanish tried to explain me where the best happy hours were....hahahah
Overall I had the most amazing time!
The cottages were fully equipped and very clean (Thanks Maria!!)
Anno,Vera and their son were great hosts, extremely helpful without being intrusive.
I felt safe. Only 5 cottages with each one key for the front gate and outside storage for my windsurf gear.
The garden, cottages and little inside courtyard really make this place one of a kind.
It is exactly as most people on this forum have already called it, a real gem!!!
The peace and quiet is just what I needed.
I'm already having thoughts of returning in May with my girlfriend, I'm quite sure she will love it as much as me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bamboo Bali. "The place where East meets West." No more than 60 meters from the ocean, across the street from the best known dive hotels of the island such as Buddy Dive, Captain Don's and Hamlet Oasis you will find Bamboo Bali. This cozy little resort consists of 7 cottages built with lots of Asian influence and style. The private wooden cottages were built on piles to give it that characteristic look and surrounded by a luscious garden full of tropical flora. Be surprised by the playful and romantic corners where Asia and the Caribbean melt together! Ideal for honeymooners and couples. This small family resort has 5 regular cottages - Uluwatu, Bali, Sumatra, Java and Flores. One Deluxe cottage "Between the Trees" Two superior cottages are recently added : "Love at first Sight" and "Heaven can Wait" Every cottage consists of 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. Full kitchen / flat screen TV / free wireless internet / air conditioning / safe / warm water showers and a large shaded private porch area. For our guests we have two large propane BBQs, two very luxurious Jacuzzi/hot tubs with massage jets, a natural salt water pool, rinse tanks, dive closets, Thai stile outside showers, sitting areas, etc. "You will fall in love with Bamboo Bali Resort the moment you step in!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bamboo Bali Bonaire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo Bali Bonaire Hotel Kralendijk
- Bamboo Bali Bonaire Resort Kralendijk