“What an Amazing Place....Wauw” 5 of 5 stars

Bamboo Bali Bonaire Resort
4.0 of 5 Ranch   |   Kaya Gob. N. Debrot 86, Kralendijk, Bonaire   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“What an Amazing Place....Wauw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Hello All....
I am about to go back after spending a week at the Bamboo Bali and I cannot seem to get the smile of my face......!!!

Living a pretty fast professional life with lots of deadlines I was looking for total relaxation and I found it here.
It started with being picked up at the airport by Stanley, their friendly regular taxi driver. No need to arrange anything myself.
After arriving at the resort I was greeted by Anno who brought me to my cottage.
Now I have traveled quite some in Asia and the Caribbean but this seemed to bring those worlds together.
A nice welcome breakfast was already prepared and put into the fridge by Vera ( Anno's Wife ).
After a short sleep Anno took me for a walk thru the beautiful garden surrounding the cottages. This is his great passion and it shows. There are so many colorful flowers and fruit trees and even a special tree that both the Parots and Iguanas seem to love.
A short walk brought us to their latest addition, and the place where I spend most of my time "The garden of Eden"........!!!

This is a inside courtyard that was created for privacy and relaxation for sure. It has a small but cozy Salt Water Lounge Pool and 2 Jacuzzi's. The Jacuzzi's were kept super clean which differs from some other places I have stayed before.

They have satellite tv so I was able to keep up with my favorite team the Yankees.
Everyone was really helpfull and made me feel totally relax for the week. Even Maria, who does the cleaning of the cottages is super nice. With her little English and my little Spanish tried to explain me where the best happy hours were....hahahah

Overall I had the most amazing time!
The cottages were fully equipped and very clean (Thanks Maria!!)
Anno,Vera and their son were great hosts, extremely helpful without being intrusive.
I felt safe. Only 5 cottages with each one key for the front gate and outside storage for my windsurf gear.
The garden, cottages and little inside courtyard really make this place one of a kind.

It is exactly as most people on this forum have already called it, a real gem!!!
The peace and quiet is just what I needed.
I'm already having thoughts of returning in May with my girlfriend, I'm quite sure she will love it as much as me.

Thanks guys!!

Lars

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My fiance and I stayed with Bamboo Bali for a week while in Bonaire for a diving trip. BB is gorgeous, unique, and run by an amazing family. BB is very conveniently located--although not on the ocean, it is across the street from many of the big dive hotels-Captain Don's, Buddy Dive. We walked to Captain Don's to watch the sunset and eat dinner at Rum Runners (also highly recommended) several times.

Cottages are very comfortable, sparkling clean, very private, perfect for self catering with a small kitchen, fridge, basic cooking supplies. There are several bbq grills around the grounds you can use as well.

Pool and hot tub area are beautiful and very romantic. There's an area to rinse and hang out dive gear.

BB has been created by and is run by a wonderful family--very friendly, rightfully very proud of their creation, always available to answer any questions or give recommendations.

Would definitely stay with them again if we go back to Bonaire.

Check out my other recs for great places to eat on Bonaire--we found food to be definitely hit or miss.

Room Tip: all the cottages looked great.
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Bamboo Bali is a fantastic little resort for those who want a nice peaceful place to stay. The lovely decorated cabanas are very private and big enough for a short and even long term stay on the island Bonaire. We stayed in the spacious cabin named "Floris" which has all you need, good bed, equiped kitchen, bathroom with shower, good working airconditioning, a ceiling- and standing fan, huge porch surrounded with plants. I really enjoyed listening to the birds waking up, the arguing salamanders and birds :) and the dozen kolibri's and suikerdiefjes having their "breakfast" from the many flowers around the house.
The very relaxing Spa area with two fantastic jacuzzi's and a small saltwater pool is a real treat to pamper yourself after a long hot day.
Like all the other reviews, Anno and Bas are great helpful people.
I really recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Charleston WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was our second stay at Bamboo Bali and we loved it once again. Our hosts, Vera, Anno and Sebastian were amazing. Our dives and rental truck were reserved for us prior to arrival. There were no glitches in retrieving our rental truck or checking-in with Wannadive. With the installation of the 2 hot tubs and plunge pool, this place is perfect.

Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

After a long search on line for a good accomodation in Bonaire, we found Bamboo Bali Bonaire. We had high expectations as we were looking for a nice place to relax for a couple of days and the pictures on their website looked so beautiful. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the garden and our cottage, it exceeded our expectations ! The place is so beautiful and peaceful.

The privacy and tranquility in combination with high level of service is truly amazing and we felt like home away from home from the beginning.

Each morning when we woke up and walked through the garden we discovered new plants, flowers and art from Bali, a true Gem that deserves to be discovered.

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We truly enjoyed the trip to Bonaire and the stay at Bamboo Bali. Beautiful room, great personal service and a no frills package that made sense. Only slight disappointment was the air conditioning was not as good as I expected. This did not matter except when the wife had an allergy flair up and we didn't dive for a day.

Saved a lot of money doing our own breakfast, snack for lunch and then a big dinner out. The truck we were assigned was sturdy and dependable, much better than what you usually get with Buddy or Captains.

The grounds were amazing, the diving was hassle free. WannaDive provided the tanks and each tank pickup was quick and painless. Also, they allowed 24 hour pickup so you could do those unplanned night dives!!! I would not hesitate to recommend Bamboo Bali for an experience group of divers.

About the only negative (if you can call it that) is that you aren't with a large group of other divers that you can share the experiences with. Of course, if you boat dive then you'll get this somewhat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed at BBB in room number 5. We enjoyed a lot the exotic garden that fits well the Indonesian theme and makes you feel relaxed and isolated despite the proximity of other rooms.
Family host was nicely attentive to our needs and willing to provide helpful concierge time. The room offered a nice and large shaded patio with a lot of outdoor space and cool furniture.
Upon asking, I was kindly lent a large bucket that I filled with fresh water everyday to carry my camera system between dives on my truck. All the diving gear can conveniently be rinsed and stored in a dedicated outdoor area at night.
Truck rental with AB Rental was included in our package. The Mazda LR 50 was all right for the island diving needs (remember that gas prices on the island are at European levels and what you think may be the price of a gallon will be only for a tiny liter).
Overall, a great experience in a little cool hotel nested in a tropical garden.
My only reservation would be the package including dives with Wannadive. If you only shoredive with your own gear, Wannadive does the job, offering several convenient locations to pick up tanks. If you plan on boat dives, you may be disappointed by Wannadive whose infrastructure, equipment, staff service quality and general operations need a lot of improvement, particularly if you are a photographer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bamboo Bali Bonaire Resort? Share your experiences!