We have stayed at Buddy dive 6 times since 2000. Their packages just can't be beat. We prefer shore diving so we usually just do the package that includes unlimited air, truck and complimentary breakfast. Can't beat the price of boat dives, but the last time we did that the boats were crowded and just weren't our cup of tea. Breakfasts tend to be European fare, but they also have a staff member there to make eggs your way - omlettes, etc. Rooms were adequate - this last time we stayed on the Lions Dive side in a unit recently renovated. A great improvement over the old units. We haven't stayed on the orginal Buddy Dive side since 2006 so I really can't comment on that side currently - it was very nice at that time though. Let's face it, it is a diver's resort and divers don't seem to require over-the top luxury.
They have a nice reef right off their dock, but we saved it for a night dive which was very easy and fun.
Have looked each time at staying somewhere else, but it is just so convenient staying here. We are planning on going back in the spring of 2013 and will stay here again.
Sorry, I cannot comment on the dive operation for boats dives as we haven't done that in years, but really like the drive thru for air to shore dive.
Take some really good mosquito repellant with you and USE it! (this is no reflection on Buddy Dive - it was everywhere.) Could just be the time of year as I don't remember it being quite as bad on past trips. Although it was quite interesting watching all the people at the airport in shorts with welts all over their legs (LOL). Diving is so good here I would not let this stop me from going back at the same time in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Buddy Dive Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Hotel Kralendijk
- Buddy Dive Bonaire/Kralendijk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort. An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. At Buddy Dive, we're known for our casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station. No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, EasyToBook, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Buddy Dive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.