Sand Dollar Condo A3 Review
About us: Married couple from Colorado, 28 & 30, traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean, first dive trip and first time to Bonaire. Stayed October 21st-28th, 2011.
The other reviews ring true for these accommodations. We rented directly from the owner after considering several Sand Dollar vacation rentals by owner online.
First of all, the owners of Unit A3 are phenomenal. They were more than happy and willing to discuss their condo and help us plan our trip. They were even able to arrange an early check in for a nominal fee. They sent us two separate packets in the mail containing maps, brochures and information, and even helped with recommendations about grocery stores, restaurants, and things to do while on dry land. They also emailed us before and after the trip to make sure we were all set and to see how our trip was. Nicest folks ever!
When we arrived to the condo the check in process was easy and the front desk staff was very friendly. One thing to think about is location. There are buildings A-F, with the A building being the closest to the office, dock, the dive shop, and the gear storage. We were really happy with our choice of A3.
I had wondered if a studio would be adequate for my Husband and I or if we would be cramped. However, the studio was incredibly spacious, and far exceeded our needs. We used the kitchen extensively as well, which was great. We slept incredibly well each night on the comfortable bed. We loved the bathroom and the screened in porch with the great view. The condo was also full of great books on the reef and creature identification. AC worked great! Really every aspect of the condo was fantastic – the pictures do not do it justice.
In terms of the Sand Dollar property itself, I find it hard to imagine a more streamlined setup. The location of the onsite dive facilities is incredibly convenient for either dives on their incredible house reef, boat dives, or for tank take away via their drive up tank station. Also there are multiple restaurants within walking distance and even an Internet café, minimart, and ice cream shop footsteps away from the condo.
The question is not if we will return to A3 and Sand Dollar, but when.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Dollar Condominium Hotel Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominium Hotel
- Sand Dollar Condominium Kralendijk
- Sand Dollar Condominium Resort Bonaire/Kralendijk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sand Dollar offers some of the most spacious and comfortable ocean view studio, one, two and three bedroom accommodations on Bonaire. All of our condominiums have air-conditioned bedrooms, full kitchens, dining and living areas. The condo's roomy porches or balconies offer views of the Caribbean Sea and Bari Reef which beckon irresistibly to scuba divers and snorkelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sand Dollar Condominium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.