“It's all about the diving !” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Kralendijk
West Palm Beach, Florida
“It's all about the diving !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Eat sleep and dive dive dive ! Serge runs things just right. Max and Ruud were great dive masters for the week. I'm going back in Feb! The diving is just incredible with visibility that always seems to exceed 100 feet. Go you will love it!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My only real complaint with this hotel was the check in process. We arrived around
7am had been told that an early check in was almost a certainty. Upon getting there we were told that chack in was not possible until 2pm, receptionist was neither friendly or apologetic in the least. So after a 7 hour flight we ended up napping in one of the beach chairs by the water. Not a huge deal, but more of an irritant.
If you come to dive this hotel is VERY convenient. They offer lockers for all your gear (bring a lock) and unlimited tanks are on the dock available at all times. Shore diving around the hotel is really nice. There is no beach (more of a patch) at this hotel, but if you are looking for a beach day I would recommend taking the water taxi over to "No Name Beach" on Klein Boniare. It's gorgeous and the diving there was my favorite!
The rooms are decent, no frills. The grounds are fairly clean, not the immaculate manicured kind you may find at a higher end resort, but nice. Pools are a bit dated, but clean. Hot tub was not working when we visited and had a vague urin odor so I was not tempted to even try.
The hotel restaurant, The Chibi Chibi is good, but the wait is looooooong. A much better dinner option is "At Sea" down the road that has a more upscale feel but at the same price for dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Northglenn, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

They have nice rooms with your balcony backing right up to the ocean which leads to an amazing view. You don't have to go far for scuba diving or snorkeling and the staff was very friendly. They have two pools so you can relax in the sun when your not being adventurous and doing your water sports. We had lunch included with our plan and the restaraunt was nice, but sometimes on the slow side.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

First time diving trip there, as a bunch of us went as a group. Due to delay in flights, we arrived late at the hotel and missed our car rentals. Fortunately, our travel agent was able to obtain bus services so our big group can get to the hotel in 2 bus trips.

The staff appeared to be very helpful, but my wife and I got assigned to a regular room instead of an ocean-view room that we paid for, and apparently the staff had issue with Chinese names... But it got sorted out eventually.

The hotel itself is OK, I wouldn't call it a resort by any stretch of imagination, but it's clean, and all the amenities appeared to be working properly.

Diving was awesome, though. The house reef (how many hotels come with a house reef?) was great enough already, and all through the island, 60+ dive sites was even better if you are into diving.

The food was decent, The package came with free, decent breakfast bar, and lunches and dinners were good, but on the pricey side. I would suggest exploring the restaurant area, which is within walking distance anyway (didn't find that out until late in the week, though.) But I guess the prices are high for restaurants on the island no matter where you go...

Overall, a decent hotel, helpful staff, and the scenery underwater made up for everything. Definitely worth going.

Room Tip: -Ocean-view rooms are great, but you have to pay a premium for them. -Also, Ocean-view rooms don...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I just returned from Bonaire after a week of scuba diving. I went with a group of about 13 people and we stayed at the Divi Flamingo Beach Resort. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. The accommodations were great, the staff friendly and courteous and the service excellent.
I would also like to mention the dive shop that is run by Serge. He and his crew, Rudd and Maxx did an excellent job of getting us safely to and from the dive site, were very helpful and a lot of fun too. I forgot my dive knife in my locker and Serge was kind enough to send it back to Florida for me with a fellow diver from the US, received it UPS today!

Room Tip: The suites are worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Went with a dive group. Excellent dive shop operation with great service from Max, Orlando and Serge. Like the hotel location as it is walking distance to downtown. Restaurant operation is very good and breakfast was a highlight of the day. I will return.

• Stayed October 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Melissa Treue Food and Beverage Manager Serge De Groote Dive manager Sara Matera Hotel manger
Bonnie Hanley Regional; Sales manager Leanna Henderson Group Sales Coordinator

Once again the Donkeys road into Divi’s Bonaire Resort. This year’s trip really shined a light on the staff in the whole corporation. Let me start by saying how much fun it is to plan these little outings with Bonnie Hanley. She has gone above and beyond to help our wayward donkeys more than once. Taking care of a last minute donkey add on was Leanna Henderson, Sometimes the donkey stray and she brought one back into the fold. It was almost a miracle! Arriving at the property we were greeted with some nice new upgrades. All of our doors had touch pass locks. This works very well when you have your bathing suit on. The other major upgrade was the internet. Divi has completed a renovation of its internet system. The speed was 4 time faster than last year. In fact we are going to do live broadcast from down there next year. The hotel manager Sara Matera and her staff need a big thank you for these wonderful additions. Now we get to the fun part. Donkeys dive and Divi lets us dive. Our good friend Serge De Groote once again provided us with everything we needed to make memories come true. I liked the boat we had last year a little better but I would not swap the people for the world. Serge manages a wonderful group of diving professional. Our Dive Master, Captain, friend and the reason we tried Divi Max Sint Jago keep us laughing and diving the whole week. We had 2 assistance on the boat Orlando and George. They were great as well. I must mention one other person who I did not even meet. We like to have our first dinner at Divi. I ask Serge to pass on my request for a dinner table to seat 18. Serge forward our request to Melissa Treue whom emailed me and said it was taken care of. When we arrived she had us set up under the stars with a private table and server. This was wonderful and just another reason the donkeys ride at Divi. If you want to do Bonaire right stay with these people. Bon Bini Na Bonaire!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!