My only real complaint with this hotel was the check in process. We arrived around
7am had been told that an early check in was almost a certainty. Upon getting there we were told that chack in was not possible until 2pm, receptionist was neither friendly or apologetic in the least. So after a 7 hour flight we ended up napping in one of the beach chairs by the water. Not a huge deal, but more of an irritant.
If you come to dive this hotel is VERY convenient. They offer lockers for all your gear (bring a lock) and unlimited tanks are on the dock available at all times. Shore diving around the hotel is really nice. There is no beach (more of a patch) at this hotel, but if you are looking for a beach day I would recommend taking the water taxi over to "No Name Beach" on Klein Boniare. It's gorgeous and the diving there was my favorite!
The rooms are decent, no frills. The grounds are fairly clean, not the immaculate manicured kind you may find at a higher end resort, but nice. Pools are a bit dated, but clean. Hot tub was not working when we visited and had a vague urin odor so I was not tempted to even try.
The hotel restaurant, The Chibi Chibi is good, but the wait is looooooong. A much better dinner option is "At Sea" down the road that has a more upscale feel but at the same price for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino allows you to experience the simple pleasure of tropical life. Whether you want to lounge around all day by one of our two freshwater pools, test your luck in our on-site casino at night, relax with a massage in the on-site spa, or scuba dive and snorkel through the beautiful Caribbean ocean, our Bonaire resort offers a truly memorable experience for all ages. Divi Flamingo is colorful, laidback, and fun; our resort and casino serves as the perfect home base for divers and vacationers drawn to explore the unpretentious island and stunning waters surrounding Bonaire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Flamingo Beach Hotel Kralendijk
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort And Casino Bonaire/Kralendijk