“Dive Friends Bonaire ROCKS the Competition.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 63 Activities in Kralendijk
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We're a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center on the island of Bonaire - "Diver's Paradise!" With 8 locations around the island, you won't have to travel far to pick up or drop off tanks, get advice about good shore dive sites, sign up for dive training, shop for cool new gear or just relax with a cold drink and meet some new dive buddies.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Anchorage, Alaska
“Dive Friends Bonaire ROCKS the Competition.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

WOW! Best Dive Shop ever and so many locations to help you with shore diving. You can walk from downtown to one to the other without having to rent a car! No other dive shop gives you that liberty. Maximizes money for renting gear and more air! Suze and Eunin were terrific in helping me get my Advanced Open Water Certification; they went above and beyond in teaching me the skills I needed. Suze was so helpful in teaching me about: night diving, navigation, wreck dive at 100 feet, and equipment adjustments for efficient buoyancy. Patient? Yes, indeed. I'm not the best with mechanics-even under water ones and Suze individualized my instructional remediation like the pro she is. Now I have the confidence to dive anywhere. We saw sea horses, frog fish, and even a spotted Eagle Ray! Boat dive with Richard was terrific too. More rays and the next day, another group got to dive with dolphins.
When we left our Ipod in Houston, Elsa and Carolyn helped us get it back with their on-line efforts. All in all, great prices and 5 star service. We're coming back for a whole month next year! Thanks Dive Friends Bonaire for safely and efficiently maximizing our diving pleasure!

St. Louis,MO
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I used Dive Friends Yellow Submarine for our Jan 2013 Bonaire trip. From the very beginning they demonstrated excellent customer service. E mails were answered promptly and thoroughly. For our check out dive we were instructed to arrive at the dive shop during their open hours whenever preferable for us(which was a definite bonus for us since our previous day was an all day long travel event and we wanted to sleep in).

Dive shop employees were always eager to provide help and tips on maximizing our dive experiences. Being new to the island, I was always grateful to receive information from an insider. Tanks were always above 3000 psi. One day we were setting up our gear at the Dive Friends Hamlet Oasis location. I realized that I had a leak from the hose on my pressure gauge and needed to get this checked out . One of the employees phoned the Yellow Submarine shop(a 5-10 minute drive from Hamlet Oasis) and gave them a heads up as to our situation. We had a new hose installed and were back at Hamlet within 20 minutes ready to dive!

Everybody was friendly and helpful. Patrick, Shelly, Nick and so many others (I suk at remembering names) were awesome to interact with. Hope to be back soon:)

Bonaire
“Fun Dive 2 FrogFish & Seahorse!!! Thanks to Dive Friends!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have used Dive Friends for the past 2 years we have been coming to Bonaire every year for the past 10 years. The service has been great! Easy people to work with! Patrick & Alex helped us purchase new Dive Equipment they were both very knowledgable & nice! Tim & Jamie also helped us find the Frog fish & Seahorse!!! Favorite Dive Shop Dog is hands down Kaya!!!! Thank you! Vera & Paul, Terry, & Mike!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing private shore diving with guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm a relatively new diver, so I need a little extra diving guidance just yet...

I was to be in Bonaire for a one-day stop while on a cruise with my mother. Carolyn arranged a wonderful day with three shore dives, a private guide (Martijn), and transportation so I could escape the cruise ship crowd.

The guide was sensitive to my needs as a new diver, and he planned the three dives to start with the easy one (salt pier), second was the 1000 steps, and the last was a drift dive at Karputa.

I enjoyed my day thorougly, and my guide was knowledgable, very helpful with solving my beginner issues, and patient with my bouyancy issues. I saw amazing wildlife - a sea horse to start, turtles on each dive, and an AMAZING show by a freeswimming green moray eel to finish the day.

After we finished our third dive, he drove a different way back to the ship so I could get a view of more of the island... donkeys, flamingos...

I loved the personal service here. It felt like a red carpet treatment, and I enjoyed my day SO MUCH from beginning to end. I'm heading back again for another visit soon.

Visited December 2012
7 attraction reviews
“Absolutely great dive shop service, but lacking in boat diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife booked us a trip to Bonaire this year and we decided to use Dive Friends at the Sand Dollar as we rented a condo there. On this trip, I logged my 211th dive, and have to say this was one of the best dive shops that I have dealt with out of the country. From the start, Liz and her canine assistant, Scarlett greeted us and went over our orientation to the island and diving Bonaire. Every day Liz was always available to answer any questions we had on diving as well as other things on Bonaire. When Liz had a day off, Suus was on site and also very helpful with diving information.
On day 2 of diving, my wife’s divs computer (Uwatac Aladdin Air Z Nitrox) stopped receiving tank data. A quick stop back at Dive Friends, Liz suggested we travel to the Yellow Submarine Store to see if they could fix it. When we went to Yellow Submarine Patrick (I believe they called him no weights?), assisted us. I was expecting to purchase a pressure gauge, instead, they let my wife borrow one. Patrick quickly added the pressure/depth gauge and we were on our way to complete our next dive.
We completed a two tank boat dive to Klein Bonaire from the Yellow Submarine location. We arrived and handed our gear from the dock to the dive master on the boat. I was diving Nitrox so I had to go into the shop and check pressure and analyze my tanks. I then had to carry them to the boat, and hand them to the dive master. Once on the boat, we set our own gear up (I usually prefer to do this myself – but with other dive operations they at least offer). There was under seat storage, but it was tight and no dry storage. The boat was overcrowded, because they took a full dive complement out and also allowed snorkelers. Needless to say, the boat had too many people on it (I think it was 8 divers, 4 snorkelers, the dive master and boat captain). At the first location, the dive master had to tell the snorkelers twice to get into the water so the divers could have room to get ready. Once geared up, the entrance was a back roll into off the boat into the water. I informed them that my wife was newly certified and would require a little assistance. They accommodated her and helped her lift the tank so she could sit on the side of the boat. The dive master just dove and pointed out 1 lion fish midway through and 1 scorpion fish at the end. The entrance into the boat was a small ladder off the side. My wife had to remove her BCD and of course fins and they pulled the gear out of the water for her, so she could get back on the boat. Before the second dive, my wife slid on the seat to get to the point where she needed assistance with lifting the tank to the edge of the boat. The dive captain told me to help her since he didn’t want to “break his back”. I was in full dive gear myself and helped her. Once back at the dock we handed our gear to 2 people standing on the dock, and took a giant step to get up on the dock. The two on the dock assisted helping people up. Like I said I’ve been on a lot of boat dives and Dive Friends is lacking in this area.
The next day we traveled to Hamlet Oaisis Dive Friends to dive Cliff. My wife went inside and Nick came out and was very helpful. He gave us advice on how to enter and which way to dive.
Nitrox mixes ranged from 29%-33%. There is an analyzer at each location. Liz, Scarlett, Suus, Patrick, & Nick from Dive Friends made diving Bonaire an enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend using Dive Friends and we will be using them when we return to Bonaire hopefully next year (just no more boat diving for us).