“No Beef for us” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Sykesville, Maryland
“No Beef for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We drove by this restaurant several times, and wandered in to try it, without a reservation. They gladly welcomed us and gave us a side table. This is an upscale venue, and not typical “beach” flare. My bride had the recommended mahi mahi, I had the chicken paella, and our teenage boys had the pasta. Everything was served quickly and deliciously. The family absolutely loved and devoured the bread course! My son said it was the best he had ever had. We took plenty of our meal in “to-go” bags, as only one of us was able to finish the large portions and it made for lunches for several days afterwards. Go hungry: the food is delicious and plentiful. The prices were slightly less than the other Bonaire restaurants I’ve reviewed, and given the portion sizes, it was a nice treat. The staff was VERY friendly, and spent plenty of time talking to us. I suggest you go early or make a reservation. By the time we left, the restaurant was nearly full to capacity. According to our waiter, they only serve beef from Argentina, so the beef cuts vary on availability. He made a great recommendation for my wife. My paella was very, very good, but my portion size was big enough for two. However, they did manage to get all the seafood and chicken cooked perfectly together.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best steak ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We ordered a rib eye and a pampa prime rib here. They were far best the best steak I ever ate. The portions are big, so I took my steak home. The meat is soft and tender and grilled to perfection.
Friendly staff, good service!

Missoula, Montana
“Fantastic food and a friendly owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Pablo, the owner, was such a nice guy and his food was also memorable. We sat outside because it seemed a little loud inside.

Visited July 2014
New Milford, New Jersey
“Great steaks and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Last night we had a late dinner at Patagonia. The restaurant is all white - walls and table cloths, with dark wood furniture. It's extremely clean. Looks like you could eat off of the floor. When we complimented the owner, Pablo, he spoke about cleaning like it's his home- because it is his second home. He was our waiter as well. He was wonderful. He explained that it all starts will quality ingredients. He told us that he shops for the restaurant just like he shops for food at home. He told us many stories that added to the warm environment.......We ordered the crab cakes and the shrimp tempura for appetizers. Both were very good. For dinner I had the filet mignon special, which was the filet wrapped in bacon & topped with blue cheese. My boyfriend had a t-bone with mashed potatoes. They were cooked to PERFECTION!! All plates are served with rice & vegetables. Plus you have a choice of baked potatoe, mashed potatoes or fries. Superb!! If you love a great steak you won't be disappointed. Would definitely go back again. Service and food was top notch.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina USA
“Dinner at Patagonia.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had ordered the sea food platter which was to be shrimp and scallops and mahi-mahi but was served shrimp, mussels and calamari. Not what I ordered and then was told they were out of Scallops. Due to this mix up, I do not highly recommend this restaurant. The rest of the family ordered the beef fillets, they were excellent. I traded my seafood for a fillet, but it was not cooked to order, so I was disappointed with my meal.

• Visited June 2014