“You gotta do this” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 54 activities in Kralendijk
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Please read the revievs below. I think we just make people have a good time in the water and on the boat.....!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
altoona, pa
4 attraction reviews
“You gotta do this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

A group of five of us booked the Woodwind snorkel tour last Friday. This was the highlight of our trip. We are all experienced snorkellers but Dee and her crew gave us tips on our equipment that we did not know after several years of snorkelling. They take you to Klein Bonaire which has a fantastic coral reef for snorkelling and you do several drift snorkels there. They give you drinks both non and alcoholic and provide a lunch from a local restaurant. This trip is worth every penny of the cost and I can not recommend them enough. If you go to Bonaire, you must do this!

Ramsey, Minnesota
“Woodwind Sailing & Guided Snorkeling Experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I have been to Bonaire and snorkeled with Dee and her wonderful crew at least 6 times in the past 3 years. Unlike many other snorkeling experiences where you are taken out to a site and dumped into the water to fend for yourself, Dee and her crew divide the snorkelers into groups of 8-10 people and go into the water with you. Once there, they guide you through the many different aspects of Reef life. Teaching you about the ecosystem you are about to visit is a very important part of their over-all mission and they do it quite well! This time I tried the Night Snorkel. It was a whole different, fascinating experience! I was able to see octopus, squid, green eels, scorpion fish, trigger fish, a lion fish (unfortunately), lobster, starfish and all manner of living things under the piers. I always felt completely safe and count this experience as one of the highlights of our trip to the Caribbean this year! By all means, go to Bonaire and book with the Woodwind early in your stay. That way, you can book a second trip with them before you leave!
--Mike Rishavy

Stockbridge, Georgia
“Best snorkel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We'll do the upside first about this attraction because there were NO downsides. The ladies in charge, Dee, Karen and Isabel, were exceedingly wonderful with their hospitality and knowledge explaining some things about snorkeling we had not heard before in the many years of going on these types of trips. Dee cracked my husband up when she said, after looking at his mask he brought from home "You need a big boy mask". My husband, over the years, has become a weak swimmer but Dee made him and other inexperienced or weak swimmers very comfortable in the water [to quote another review]. As for myself it was one of the very best by allowing me to cross one thing off my bucket list; swimming with a sea turtle. The experience was surreal in that I was on top of the water looking down in the void when slowly out of the abyss something moved towards me. It was a sea turtle. I held my breath for a moment out of disbelief as it continued it's slow ascent. Finally it stopped within two feet of me. Afraid to reach out and touch all I did was watch as it stayed with me for approximately five minutes. Then slowly descended back into the void. Thank you Woodwind very much for an overall great experience.

New England
7 attraction reviews
“Like to snorkel? Never snorkeled? Doesn't matter! Woodwind is fun, informative and safe!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Woodwind is one of the best ways you can spend your time when you visit Bonaire! Dee and her crew make the experience fun and fascinating, while ensuring your safety and offering you information about coral reefs, Bonaire and Klein Bonaire. They take both experienced and non-experienced snorkelers and make them feel totally comfortable and safe. They provide support if you need it (physically challenged, for example) and they let you explore if you want to.

We went out on the Woodwind 3 times during our two week stay on Bonaire (one 3/4 day and two sunset snorkels). Each trip was different, offering different aquatic flora and fauna. We saw octopus, eels, turtles, swam with schools of blue tang, and watched Dee and her crew 'free dive' to point out many, many sites that we might have missed. During the day sail we had lunch and all the drinks we wanted. During the sunset snorkels and sails we had delicious appetizers and drinks and Captain Jo Jo had us looking for dolphins, too!

If you're looking for a "booze cruise' with 30-60 other people that just drops you off and leaves you be, this is not the sail for you. If you don't care about the environment or value of the reefs, this is not the snorkel and sail for you. You'll be expected to respect the marine life.

You will also see more fish and coral in as clear water as you'll ever see!!!

Dee and the Woodwind understand the value of the coral and marine life around Bonaire and explain the reasons why it is critical to protect it. If you already know this, you can just enjoy the salt air and wind on your face. There is a guide with each smaller group of individuals that helps you find fish, coral, etc. They will provide equipment and even have some prescription level goggles, should you wear glasses.

This is such a fantastic activity that we always look forward to getting out on the Woodwind with Dee, Capt Jo Jo and others on the crew. They know their stuff and love their work! Their goal is to be sure you have a good time and feel safe doing it! And they succeed on every level! Go and enjoy! You'll love it and all that Bonaire and Klein Bonaire has to offer!! Annie

Toronto, Canada
“Best shore excursion EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went on a drift snorkelling trip with Woodwind while on a recent cruise that stopped in Bonaire. We have to say that Woodwind offers the best shore excursion ever. Dee and her team were absolutely fabulous. They made sure that even inexperienced snorkelers and weak swimmers were comfortable in the water. The personal attention and care they took was truly above and beyond. We saw all kinds of fish, thousands of them, an octopus, turtles, and amazing coral formations. Dee took the time to point out all manner of marine life and to explain them to people in her group. Everyone on the trip was beyond friendly and helpful....they REALLY care about the quality of this experience and the underwater park in Bonaire. They were professional, helpful, and never once did anyone aboard feel nervous or afraid. Absolutely FIRST RATE. You will NOT be sorry you booked with Woodwind. Ample food and drink. They even have prescription masks--and Dee can tell right away by looking at your glasses which strength you need. She is an amazing woman--and this is one amazing operation. I cannot praise Woodwind enough. Book well in advance! This is the best of the best!