Firstly I have been to the Island of Bonaire 8 times, and stayed at various different locations. My last 4 visits have been to the Caribbean Club. Many people have many different expectations when booking a hotel on the island but if you have a better understanding of what you want you really cant go wrong. That being said I come to Bonaire for the diving and not the parties or dance clubs.
The Caribbean Club is located 5 minutes or so away from town so is away from the cruise ships and noise you might expect, it is situated more like a tropical oasis. Quiet and sleepy in a jungle of tranquility. The resort has two groups of accommodation, I have stayed in both, the older studios and the newer cottages. The studies are great for the Diver gang and very well appointed with all you need, the studios are great for a seasoned dive traveler or maybe a week with that special friend (wink wink). if you are with a group or want to spend more than a week or your wife / girl friend want a ocean view and 4 stars well that would be the cottages...think of it as a 2-3 stars in the older section or 3-4 stars in the newer cottages.
Now the review...
The Caribbean Club, run of the house dive and drive package.
This trip I stayed in a cottage with my dive buddy Bob, we were upgraded at no extra cost to a huge cottage, the view was a million dollar view of the ocean. room was extremely clean and well appointed, Two separate bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, bedrooms both large well appointed with great AC. Bathrooms were big and showers great, we did have a day of rain so the solar water heater dropped from HOT to warm for a day... Our cottage came with its own dive locker, rise tank as well as a deck that was maybe 500sq feet. the kitchen was separate from the bedrooms with a huge fridge and fantastic ice maker...our drinks and beer were very happy. Beds were great and linens crisp and clean, house keeping was great and the room had cable TV. and WiFi. I think we had a total of 5 big ceiling fans as well each room had on and two on the deck. The pools were great and kid safe...
Dive shop 8/10
The dive shop is small but has everything you need at great prices, the staff is great.. my hat is off to Nick who helped us with all kinds of crazy Canadian requests...the truck was good and in great shape, no problems with tires or anything...just a reminder if you like to drive with music...there are no radios... but the AC is good...Nick or the staff can set you up with any of the activities at Buddy Dive resort such as a trip to Klien Island as well...
The Restaurant 8/10
Fantastic breakfast buffet, great coffee and don't be afraid to ask the cook for something special she makes a killer omelet. lunches were also good and if you want the cook will make you a lunch to go, Cheese and Bacon burger are the best on the island...hands down.
Dinner, they had a new menu this trip, food was very well priced and very very good...only negative point here is the menu is small but if you ask the cook, she will make you just about anything, I suggest the fettuccine carbonara...not on the menu but ummmmm...and be ready to be full...Manages rum Punch and BBQ should not be missed.
Cleaning staff...fantastic friendly and fun
Restaurant staff great ...Millie is a hoot.
Management, will bend over backwards to make you happy...The General Manager Barbara is a doll and will interact with everyone so don't be shy....Nick was also great help...there are others that need a pat on the back but really this is getting bigger than I planned already...
Oh and the diving.......GREAT as always....
My next trip will be in 3-4 months and I will stay here again....and again....and again...I am watching the snow as I write this...might have to be back in 2 months...lol
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Club Bonaire Hotel Bonaire
- Caribbean Club Bonaire Hotel
- Caribbean Hotel Bonaire
- Caribbean Resort Bonaire
- Caribbean Club Bonaire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive, Relax and Explore is what Caribbean Club Bonaire stands for! Find yourself and lose your heart at this friendly, full-service resort with a wide variety of accommodations, from Budget Studio's to a Cottage DeLuxe with magnificent ocean views. Located north of Kralendijk at the foot of Bonaire’s hills and just steps away from the most pristine dive sites, you’ll find Caribbean Club Bonaire. This friendly resort combines affordable accommodations with full resort facilities, a restaurant, bar, two swimming pools, an on-site dive shop/activity center, front office and security services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Caribbean Club Bonaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.