“Rosalie is not as rosey as advertised!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rosalie Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Rosalie Apartments
You added Rosalie Apartments to your Saves list
Seaside Drive Atlantic Shores | BARBADOS, BB17127, Barbados   |
Hamilton, Canada
“Rosalie is not as rosey as advertised!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Rosalie Apartment #2 from March 9-March30/09. We chose this place because of the website stating "no children" and no one under 21 years of age. We are not child haters but we did want the "romance, rest and relaxation" that was again advertised on the website and specifically written on the bottom of our rental agreement that we had to sign.
We discovered shortly after our arrival that there was a family renting long term above apartment #2 that included a six year old and a baby. They were not problem really, but we were very surprised to see a child especially after reading how adamant the website appeared. We didn't want to ruin an otherwise great start to our trip, so we didn't say anything to Peter or Rhonda. Shortly after that we discovered 2 teenagers in apartment # 3 ( not under Peter's ownership). Peter owns 4 of 6 apartments in the complex.
Again, not much of a problem as they were in school all day and we never saw them.

We still were not inconvenienced and went on enjoying ourselves until 4 days before the end of our trip when 3 friends (14 yr old boys) arrived as guests of Apt # 3. On our second to last evening they disregarded the rule of not using the pool after 7pm. We waited until 7:45 before I called Peter and then called his cell phone at 8pm, as there were no adults at home in Apt #3 for me to speak to. This caused a confrontation with the father and subsequently with Peter and his wife. My husband was the one speaking to Peter and then Rhonda . I had retired for the evening but I did hear the conversations between them. My husband stated that we really didn't blame the teenagers but that we had an objection to the blatant misreprentation on the website, rental contract and the listing with rental agencies representing the apartments.
Peter briefly spoke to me the next day ,only to comment that he supposed that I hadn't had a good evening. Peter & Rhonda did not speak to us again except that Peter arrived home in his car just as we were waiting for the taxi and said " I guess your'e off now"

I would like to say that as with the other reviews posted here, that the apartments were very nice,well appointed etc. The pillows and mattress were extremely hard. The oven in our apartment has a broken thermostat as I was informed by one of the other tenants which is why I burned anything I cooked. Velma was pleasant and helpful .
An icemaker was advertised but not provided. The refrigerator was not full sized.

We would like to see the website changed to reflect the truth about the rental conditions so to prevent some other couple(s) being disappointed. Peter and Rhonda did not show any remorse or regret at our displeasure. We felt like felt like outcasts for the last couple of days.They were just glad to see the back of us I suppose. Remember that children ARE allowed at Rosalie as we witnessed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We (a family of four) were fortunate enough to be able to have one of Peter's apartments over spring break, even though they do not usually allow kids. The apartment was perfect for a much-anticipated week of R 'n R.
As the only early bird in my group, I loved sitting on the patio (of the bottom apartment off the pool) drinking coffee, reading to my hearts content, watching the sun rise and listening to crashing waves. Evenings were the time to be serenaded by the tree frogs
The apartment was EXACTLY like the pictures on various websites and was an excellent base from which we explored the lower half of the island, from Rockley to Crane and all beaches in between.
The kitchen was perfectly equipped for our evening meals.
Thanks to Patrick for all the help provided, questions answered and hedge trimming so we could see more of the ocean.
We now understand why people return multiple times to this fabulous island and would not hesitate to book this apartment in a minute.
The only minor quibble we had our entire stay was a wish for softer bed pillows.
Other Barbados recommendations: Tiami Catamaran Cruises, Oistin's Fish Fry and Folkestone Beach for snorkeling right off the beach.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

We had the privilege of staying at the Rosalie apartments this past February. We came to Barbados to attend a wedding for my nephew. My sister-in-law found the Rosalie Apartments on the internet and we decided to book it. The place was fantastic. Clean, nice quiet part of the Island, Peter and his wife were great and of course Velma was great too. We would not hesitate to come back here. Actually we may come back in 2010. Peter I hope you still have this place.
J Pollet
Ontario, Canada

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Rosalie Apartments? Share your experiences!