“Great time - I wish we had left more time.” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great time - I wish we had left more time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Rather than spend a couple of hours in the airport terminal we decided to visit the Concorde attraction after checking in our luggage. We only had about 45 minutes but wished we could have another 30 minutes. I was never interested in Concorde,or planes in general, but this was a fascinating tour. The tour guide was excellent, she tailored our visit to accommodate our timeline and she really knew her stuff. Why on earth we cannot all be travelling on planes like Concorde I will never know? However, I wish I could have had the opportunity to travel on Concorde for real. This was the next best thing.

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Great information shared by knowledgeable tour guides!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Having an aviation background, I must say I was impressed at the knowledge of the tour guide that conducted this. Spent a lot of time providing background and history of the Concorde and walk-thru of interior was great!

Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Came out here by myself this time and it's still as good as every other time, although I have a personal driver from triple A's taxi service, brilliant prices and very honest and reliable thank you Barbados and Alex Darlington from triple A's taxi service . Here is number 827 2134

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant and informative visit about BD$30 pp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Firstly a brief warning, our guide book said open daily, but when we turned up on a Monday it was shut!
Actual opening days at present are Tuesday to saturday, so we turned up on Tuesday to find it was shut for a private function! I would suggest phoning to check before going.

The exhibition itself is excellent, and when we were there very quiet (only 4 other people in with us)
there are a couple of video presentations, a tour of the aircraft and some discussion from the guides.

For photographers the hanger is pretty dark so photography is challenging and the cockpit is behind Perspex with flash photography banned. We used the light from phones to illuminate some areas, but a flashlight would have been handy.

The staff are all pleasant and fairly well informed.
There is a small gift shop with T-shirts and the like and a small snack bar of sorts.

Cost was just over BD$30 per person

Visited July 2014
Lethbridge, Canada
“An unexpected treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

While waiting for our flight back to reality from our vacation, we happened to see the Concorde painting on the outside of the building and thought we would check it out. We thought that perhaps it would be some models and maybe a few bits and pieces, but we were very surprised when the hanger actually held a real Concorde. We were educated about the history and mechanical aspects of the SST and were able to sit in the aircraft for a video presentation. I really enjoyed the display and wished I had more time to spend there. What a great way to cap off my trip to Barbados. Thanks!

Visited June 2014