“A True Barbados Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coxville House

Coxville House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Coxville House
3rd Avenue, Hart's Gap, Barbados   |
Ohio City, Ohio
“A True Barbados Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

Coxville was not what my family and I expected compared to other places where we had stayed. However it turned out to be exactly what I wanted - a true Bajan experience. We didn't feel like tourist.

The owner, David, who lived in a very small addition to the property, was a great host and very helpful. He cleaned the yard of fallen leaves and other debris every single morning. I was awakened by the crow of the rooster every morning right at the break of dawn. The floor boards creaked and moved with every step, the shower had very little pressure (I was still shampooing sand from my hair upon arriving back into Puerto Rico) and we didn't utilize the window air conditioners, which were offered. My boys came home with a true appreciation for the material possessions that they have.

We were within minutes of walking to the beach and although we did not have internet access at Coxville, we were able to connect while on the beach behind the Coconut Court Hotel or at TGIF Fridays which was also within walking distance.

Everyone was very friendly as we walked through the neighborhoods. Many people stopped us often just to talk or invite us to a Fish Fry.

If you are truly looking for a Bajan experince, and are capable of being non judgmental of the way others live, visit David at Coxville.

• Liked — Semi-privacy
  • Disliked — Lack of sufficient supplies for self clean up
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1 person has reviewed this hotel

Been to Coxville House? Share your experiences!