“Welcoming and Cosy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bajan Breeze Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Bajan Breeze Guest House
Hart's Gap, Barbados   |
Fort Erie, Canada
“Welcoming and Cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I spent a week at the Bajan Breeze Guest House. Would definitely recommend it (and did to other tourists while we were there). There are only 3 rooms in this guest house so it is nice, quiet and private. It has a superb location, close to the beach, public transportation, the Garrison, Bridgetown and much more! The accommodations are lovely. Rooms are very clean and cosy and each has it's own bathroom. There is A/C (for an extra fee), television and free wi-fi. Karen, the owner, is superb. Very glad we found this gem and would definitely return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spent 5 days at the Bajan Breeze Guest House in November 2013, and I thoroughly recommend it. The location is very good, just a few minutes into Bridgetown and very close to the beach and, if you need public transport, buses to all parts of the island go two blocks away. My room was light, bright, airy and beautifully clean, with a modern, well-fitted bathroom, and a/c if I needed it, which I didn't. There is a comfortable lounge area just for guests, a convenient and very obliging local store and a take-away food place on the corner. Karen is kindness and consideration itself, providing practical help and advice on everything, without ever being intrusive. I just hope I have the chance to go back - it's a great place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Spent three days here (mini vacation/business trip) with no regrets... convenient location, clean cosy room, wifi access, a/c, we had a car but it is close to public transport... Karen the owner is very warm and welcoming. Bajan Breeze is definitely a good place to stay if you are on a budget. Thanks for the hospitality Karen... Earl and Trish.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have visited this guesthouse about 1.5 years ago and just found the card with the detail, so better late than never
This place got recommended, and I stayed there while waiting for my B1/B2 visa, needless to say i was a bit anxious and felt so cared for by Karen and her hospitality.
As soon as i arrived, i felt a warm welcome and 100 percent taken care off. Karen is a beautiful person and she goes out of her way to make one feel at home
The room was clean and had good energy and the whole place felt really cosy and comfortable
I travell a lot, and have to say, this is the best guesthouse i ever stayed at, and can only highly recomment it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

my boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days, the room was big enough the bed was comfortable and all the amenities were up and functioning. we were very close to everything it seemed. maybe it was because we rented a vehicle (which parking was made available for at the guesthouse) but driving to all the key places was pleasant and easy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

staying at bajan breeze was a nightmare, no AC even if you paid for it, the owner walks into your room uninvited whenever she feels like and also invited others to have a look around as they was looking to rent with no permission from us. we were being awaken by karen very early on mornings with warnings about the lights and putting on her AC. eventually we had to escape from this place and seek a restful night elsewhere without no refund from karen. what a nightmare of a trip..... i had to apologized to my kids and promise to take them on another island. this kind of business is bad for barbados.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
inbarbados10, Owner at Bajan Breeze Guest House, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I do however notice that you state you and your family stayed at Bajan Breeze during March 2013. You will know this to be incorrect and that your visit was July 23rd 2012 for seven nights. You will also know that your ex-husband wrote a review on 1st August 2012.

I can recall your initial telephone enquiry when you said that you were looking for accommodation for yourself, your ex-husband, your son and daughter. We spoke at length about what Bajan Breeze and it’s rooms do and do not offer to guests. You told me that you had viewed the website, had read reviews on trip advisor and were happy to make a reservation based upon these and our conversations.

Upon arrival you both displayed your delight at the accommodation you had chosen, it’s location, cleanliness and spaciousness so I am therefore at a loss as to why your comments now differ so much 11 months after your stay.

AC
Given that you said that you use AC within your home in the States you will know that for air conditioning to work efficiently doors and windows need to be closed. I agree it was necessary for me to ask you to please make sure that the same were closed as constantly both were left wide open for lengthy periods of time both when you were in or out. While I agree you paid for AC within you rooms you did not pay to abuse the facility.

Entering your room uninvited.
I categorically did not enter any of your rooms other than to change bed linens, towels and empty garbage and do not recall that I entered your rooms to show prospective guests around. That is something I would not do without permission and for you to suggest that that had happened, you must have been in the house, asked for permission and agreed.

Before entering to refresh an occupied guest room if the guest is home I will always ask if it’s convenient or knock and await a response if I’m not sure.

Your ex-husbands review complained that there was not a kitchen or AC in the sitting room and he’d have been better off in a tent. Neither of these facilities are advertised as being offered. He also states that guests leave to better places. Considering that you occupied the three rooms that we offer there were not any other guests in the house to base this upon. Further, these comments are in complete contrast to previous genuine reviews.

Neither of you at any time complained that you were unhappy with any aspect of Bajan Breeze and were sociable and pleasant. You had however privately commented to me that you were disappointed with the fact that the family did not wish to involve themselves in activities but wanted to stay home all day and that it was your wish to reschedule flights and return home early. While the atmosphere had initially been jovial it was becoming clear that family tension was building and it became apparent that it was indeed your intention for this reason to leave without a word.

The accommodation you booked is as described and facilities offered, provided. Consequently I am at a loss as to why you would knowingly and intentionally state incorrect, false and misleading information some 11 months after your visit.

Kindest regards,
Karen
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I picked this guest house based off of the reviews and i was absolutely in love with the house from the start. Karen the owner was so welcoming and caring from the beginning to the end of my stay. I stayed her for 11 days to the exact and my room was the most comfortable place to be. It was very spacious and clean.. The entire house felt like home. The house is definitely located close to almost everything necessary and of course public transportation is always an option if you want to be amongst the locals.... I would definitely reccomend this location to anyone visiting Barbados and i will definitely be going back there... Karen is the best.. this is a 5.0 guesthouse.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bajan Breeze Guest House? Share your experiences!