“Great Location, Appalling Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Inchcape Seaside Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Inchcape Seaside Villas
You added Inchcape Seaside Villas to your Saves list
Silver Sands | Inchcape, 00000, Barbados   |
Special Rate
May Super Saver Special
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Appalling Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at Inchcape and loved the location right on the beach and very convenient to go Kitesurfing and Windsurfing. Unfortunately the service we experience was extremely poor and sometimes almost rude. When we arrived, no welcome, no-one showing us around (apparently the owner was not around at the time). We had requested a cot bed for one of our kids but they had forgotten about it. When we asked the personnel about it they just shrugged their shoulders but didn't make any effort to arrange the bed for us. We then found some instructions in the room with the telephone number of the "manager" and only after we called her, they provided us with the cot.
When the owner arrived a few days later, he never welcomed us or said hello. We just got told in a very unfriendly way to pay our open balance in cash (I admittedly made the mistake not to bring cash for the outstanding amount but wanted to make a bank transfer. Big mistake because that really seemed to upset him. For a rental place in that price range I found that quite astonishing).
The maid service we had booked was pretty basic but ok.
So overall, great location but we never felt welcome and after being treated more like unwelcome intruders rather than guests, we certainly won't return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
inchcapebarbados, Owner at Inchcape Seaside Villas, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the location of Inchcape Seaside Villas, but what you further described sounds quite different from what is the general experience of others and what Inchcape Seaside Villas is all about.

We have checked our booking information for the month June 2012, as well as close to that month (before and after) and nowhere can be found any guest who stayed with kids, neither have we found anyone requesting the use of a cot. It therefore makes us wonder if you did stay at Inchcape Seaside Villas indeed.

You claim that on arrival at Inchcape there was no welcome or anyone to show you around (apparently the owner was not around at the time).

This is virtually impossible since it is part of our welcome arrival procedure and is executed like a personal concierge service and all our guests are walked around the property after having dropped their luggage. And it has nothing to do whether the owner is there or not, as it’s not the owner who executes this service.

You state that you requested a cot bed for “one” of your kids which indicate that you stayed in one of our two bedroom units.

During the time mentioned (June 2012) all of our two bedroom units were occupied with guests none of whom had kids. Additionally, none of our guests during that time requested maid service, according to our records.

You speak of the unwillingness of staff to provide a cot bed. You would be in the under 1% range of all the guests we had in over 20 years, if you had experienced any of our staff members being rude.
We have a cadre of staff who have been with us for many years and are known for their friendliness, helpfulness and willingness to our guests, and we take exception to anyone who state otherwise. To retrieve a crib from our storage room for one of our guests is nothing that would upset one of our workers, it’s just a simple task.

The booking and payment policy of Inchcape Seaside Villas is very well spelt out on our website. There is no misrepresentation there. Should you be vacationing at Inchcape, having read our policy and made your deposit, how could you have “forgotten” to bring your balance and become “annoyed” if asked for it? That a bill needs to be paid has nothing to do with the price range a hotel is in. I would like you to point out a hotel where you can stay and your payment can arrive after you left.

You mention the manager as “she” and the owner as “he”, however, I am the owner and manager and I know where I was during the period mentioned so I am not sure where your confusion lies.

If you should really have stayed with us at some point of time, and you were not happy with your stay, we all would like to apologize and we would be very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations but as this review is definitely wrong as far as the time of the year and my involvement is concerned, I have my doubts concerning the truth and honesty in general in the above review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Barbados is such a lovely island and this place just helps it get better. Lovely location and staff.

Nice rooms and .... well what more can I say? Good price I can add.

All the amenities are a short walk or car away. bars and restaurants can be found everywhere around if you need to leave.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My fiancé’ and I stayed there Nov 10 – Nov 15, 2012 to have our wedding on Nov. 12, 2012. My brother and his fiancé’ also came with us to be in the wedding. What can’t be said…absolutely wonderful!!! Wolfgang and his staff are the greatest and assist you with any and every thing you need. Upon arriving, our personal airport transfer was waiting for us which was great…no waiting around. He even stopped by a small store to let us grab some groceries on the way there. When we arrived, we were greeted by Norma, who was our house keeper for the week. She walked us to our villa and gave us a thorough tour. Very informative. She stopped by a couple times a day just to see if there was anything we needed. Most of the time we didn’t, but she was always willing to help. This was my first time not staying at a large resort and didn’t know what to expect. The solitude was a nice change of pace. I’m not old by any means, and enjoy a party, however not having a lot of people running around, music always playing, or trying to find a seat was amazing. The villa has a television and radio, which was great because my brother and I were able to catch the Dallas Cowboys game. And we were able to crank up the radio when we wanted. The kitchen was nicely equipped. We kept our meals simple for the most but there are enough utensils and pans to make whatever you like. The patio is LARGE!!! It has a table that seats 4, two very nice wooden chairs, and two comfortable lounge chairs (that fold flat). Perfect location, on the edge of the rocks…look one way and it’s the beach…look the other way and way to watch the water splashing above the rocks. The beach might as well be a private beach, because you hardly ever see anyone on it. A hand full of locals will fish from it, but that’s it. And they are very nice, they even showed my brother and I how they would catch their bait in the sand when the waves receded…we were unable to catch one LOL. The beach is just down a couple steps from the back patio, AWESOME!!! We even were able to rent boogie-boards from Wolfgang to play in the surf with. There is a pathway out side the fence that goes away form the beach over the rocks, and I recommend taking a stroll down it one night. You will come upon a small beach bar and grill that makes great drinks and even better food. They even had a movie going on a projector with music in the background. My fiancé’ and I got married on the property right behind our villa. FANTASTIC scenery which allowed for GREAT pictures!!! Once again, Wolfgang and his staff were a HUGE help in getting everything set up and informing us what exactly we needed to do. They took all the stress out of it. After the wedding we paid to have dinner cooked at the villa for the 4 of us. They give you the option to have someone go grocery shopping for you or do it yourself…we did it our self. Norma (who would also be our cook) was there early to start preparing the dinner, but when she saw what we had bought, it didn’t meet her standards LOL. With a smile on her face she said, “I will be back shortly”. She came back with all of these local spices and stuff. She whipped together a marinade from scratch. We had fish, rice and vegetables. AMAZING!!! Not only was the food delicious, but she even presented it beautifully. Attention to every detail. The Ichcape Villas are by far one of the greatest places I have ever stayed, and gave us a vacation we will never forget. That is all thanks to Wolfgang, his wife, and the amazing staff. We can not wait to one day go back and stay for longer. Thank you so much Wolfgang, and everyone else for making our vacation and wedding more than we could have imagined.

Aaron & Casey Sifuentes

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We loved our Villa at Inchcape for our stay in Barbados. The rooms were spacious, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was great for washing the salt and sand of from the beach and the hammock in our front garden topped it all off. It has to be one of the best places to stay on the Island.

Room Tip: I don't know how to get a better room but if you stay here you must get chicken and chips from R...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We chose the Inchcape Seaside Villas for a visit for a special day in our life and we could not have made a better choice. Not only that we chose the best place to stay, everything you might need was available.
Oistins near by is an interesting and charming village, and we enjoyed the local fish market. What a wonderful experience this was - unforgettable!
We enjoyed the local restaurants as much as we did Barbados’ top dining experience, The Cliff, which truly is one of the best and most beautiful restaurants in the world.
Thank you Inchcape, thank you Barbados and all you wonderful people down there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had to travel alone to Barbados end of September so was a bit apprehensive about how things would go. Needn't have worried, Inchcape was home away from home. I chose it based on comments from Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed at all. Wolfgang and his wife understand the hospitality business very well. The hotel location is very peaceful and quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of the towns like Oisten, and my 6-day stay was very pleasant. Everywhere was very clean, the maids were very friendly, the shower hot, and I got a free upgrade twice which i really appreciated considering I had booked the cheapest room which had no seaside view. Cooking was a breeze because the kitchen had every accessory you might think of. I was working on my project as well and the wifi was just super. In between studying I got to relax outside in the hammock or just open my gate and walk down the ocean, very relaxing. A taxi was recommended for me (just ask for Eddie, he's great) which thankfully isn't too expensive in Barbados and I toured nearly the whole country. Only downside for me was that i arrived at the hottest time of the year and there is no air-conditioning, just a fan for cooling which still left me sweaty (maybe the Seaside room and upwards had). Also had these small insects flying around in the Coconut room and was glad the room had mosquito netting.
Thank you Wolfgang and Rosie for a very pleasant stay in faraway Barbados.

Room Tip: The Studio room has no ocean view though is the cheapest; to get the best out of Inchcape choose fr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We just returned from spending two weeks at Inchcape villas, what a special place to be.

We had our first three days in seaside cottage B which is lovely equipped and very comfortable then we had seaside cottage A which has 3 terraces with garden and seaview.
Just a few steps trough the botanical garden and you are on the great beach with caribic blue warm water and white powder sand. It was often our private beach, nobody else was there.

The owners Rosi and Wolfgang are so friendly, warm, welcoming and there is nothing that is too much for them.
With a rental car you can discover the wonderful island, the nice calm beaches at the east coast and the busy west coast.
Oistins with its fish market which is very nice to visit is also just 5 minutes away by car. Enterprise beach (Miami beach) is a lovely beach with plenty of shade (natural palms) and delicious chicken Roti at the beach bar. All locals are very friendly.
Being back we are very sad and remind of a completely perfect holiday.
We will come again. Lena & Jochen

Room Tip: No matter which room you will choose...you will like it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inchcape Seaside Villas? Share your experiences!