We stayed at Inchcape and loved the location right on the beach and very convenient to go Kitesurfing and Windsurfing. Unfortunately the service we experience was extremely poor and sometimes almost rude. When we arrived, no welcome, no-one showing us around (apparently the owner was not around at the time). We had requested a cot bed for one of our kids but they had forgotten about it. When we asked the personnel about it they just shrugged their shoulders but didn't make any effort to arrange the bed for us. We then found some instructions in the room with the telephone number of the "manager" and only after we called her, they provided us with the cot.
When the owner arrived a few days later, he never welcomed us or said hello. We just got told in a very unfriendly way to pay our open balance in cash (I admittedly made the mistake not to bring cash for the outstanding amount but wanted to make a bank transfer. Big mistake because that really seemed to upset him. For a rental place in that price range I found that quite astonishing).
The maid service we had booked was pretty basic but ok.
So overall, great location but we never felt welcome and after being treated more like unwelcome intruders rather than guests, we certainly won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inchcape Seaside Villas & Apartments Six spacious individual houses on the white sand beach of Silver Sands with tropical gardens and views of the Caribbean Sea, tastefully furnished and well equipped. Self contained two bedroom/two bathroom houses with maid/cook and beautiful/unique one bedroom apartments. Amenities: satellite-tv, stereo sytems, private tel., Complementary high speed wireless internet access, complete info on restaurants, supermarkets, shopping, organized airport pick up/drop, taxi service, rental car arrangements ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Inchcape Seaside Villas Hotel Christ Church
- Inchcape Seaside Hotel
- Inchcape Seaside Christ Church
- Inchcape Seaside Villas Barbados/Christ Church Parish