“At your peril....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Inchcape Seaside Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Christ Church Parish
Inchcape Seaside Villas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
TX
“At your peril....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We will never come back here nor will we ever come back to Barbados. The second morning we were staying here we were robbed at gunpoint in our villa. There was no security and the owner took very little responsibility for the incident. There was no change in the security routine ( 6:00 pm-2:00 am) so while i was getting a new passport from the embassy-we had to stay and live with it. The owner did not compensate us for the stay and expressed little remorse over the incident. The more we investigated, the found we found that violent crime is becoming more and more commonplace in Barbados.. Be also advised-the neighborhood surrounding Inchcape is basically a ghetto and there is also an abandoned resort next door where locals "hang out".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
inchcapebarbados, Manager at Inchcape Seaside Villas, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Sir,
Your bad experience is truly regrettable. It spoiled what could have been a wonderful island experience, as Barbados is one of the most peaceful and friendly places on earth.

Again, we are all very sorry for what happened, but reality is, that this could have happened anywhere in the world. You probably had a bad luck situation, the one and only like this in twenty years at the Inchcape Seaside Villas and I believe that says a lot…………. You have made some seriously negative statements about Barbados and Inchcape Seaside Villas that are bare of the truth. It may bother you that our insurance company, after having compensated you for all your damages, now questions your additional claims for compensation. But your anger does not entitle you to such false and unfair statements.

The comments made in your review are not borne out by the facts and we would like to elaborate on the circumstances.

Upon your arrival at Inchcape you were accorded the usual cordial welcome given to all our guests, briefed on your surroundings and advised of our security detail. This is normal practice. I personally told you that the doors and windows should not be left unattended so as to offer potential opportunity to those unsavory few that do not understand the importance of tourism to our country. You were also given a personal safe key so that you could lock away all your valuables. Rather, as was reported to me, you chose to place all your valuables in your backpack and not in the safe.

At the time of the incident we were sympathetic, inquired about your wellbeing and immediately contacted the police and our insurance company all of which arrived in quick time to deal with the matter. Our security guard also came to the scene and assisted in the search to recover items. You indicated to our security guard that you awoke between 5:00 and 5:30am opened the doors and went back to bed.

So to say that “the owner did not compensate us for the stay and expressed little remorse over the incident.” is not correct. You were reimbursed for all items you lost. You were taken care of by us, the police, the Barbados Board of Tourism and our insurance company in a very personal, generous and caring way.

Our insurance company, in fact, informed us that they had reimbursed you uncomplicated and generously, and they are now dealing with your claim for further compensation.

Additionally, we offered your companions who stayed behind, a courtesy stay at Inchcape in the future should they want to come back here. You were not privy to that conversation since you had left earlier without even saying goodbye. We now extend the same invitation to you.

Inchcape is located between Atlantic Shores – an upscale neighborhood – and Silver Sands a local fishing community. There is also the Silver Sands Beach Resort that is presently up for sale but carries a maintenance and security detail. So there is no defacing of the property as claimed by you.

Barbados and Inchcape Seaside Villas bear no grudge against you and will welcome you anytime, but you should ask yourself if you carry any responsibility in the matter. As non-Barbadians, my wife and I have been living at the Inchcape property since 1992 and have never encountered any problems.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Gruenwald, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The grounds are very nicely kept. The apartments are impeccable. The service, the management, the staff, all was superb. The beach is beautiful and quiet, the sand is as white as white can possibly be and the colors of the water cover all the blues one can imagine.
The way the property is organized is impressive. We trusted all recommendations from a rental car booking to the restaurants to visit and all turned out to be a success. We can only highly recommend to stay here.

Werner B

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We first selected this place based on reviews on trip advisor, and they were very accurate. This place is a "dream vacation" as my girlfriend described it. Wolfgang and rosie are great, they have an amazing setup and they are very helpful and friendly. The buildings are well maintained and very attractive. The place is secluded so you feel like it is all for you. The waves hit the shore providing a glorious sea breeze, but small enough to still swim in. There is vegitation all over the place and the grass down near the water is very soft on your feet. The resort next door is closed giving you a private beach, we had the beach to ourselves all week. The nearby bars were also great also pretty much private just for us. I almost want this place to stay a secret so it will be just as good when I come back in a few years. The surfing is great and lots of fun, we had a local teach us which saved us a bunch of money. The nearby mini-marts are ok, don't expect much. Bring lots of sun block and insect repelant, there are mosquitos at night. Taking the local bus is very fun and worth a try, they're all party buses, but still very safe. Be sure to bring your own soap/shampoo/lotions, the rooms just have the essentials. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family, but keep it a secret so it doesn't become touristy, It's perfect as it is.

Room Tip: The studio is the best "bang for your buck", but if you have some extra money the bigger r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

What a treat it was to spend four days of our honeymoon at Inchcape! Rosi, Wolfgang, Nathali and Peanut were simply delightful hosts. Every aspect of our stay was addressed perfectly and the villa we stayed in is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. If your looking for a home away from home, Inchcape is as close to heaven as it gets. Thanks for an amazing stay!

Nate and Leslie

• Stayed September 2012
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at Inchcape's Seaside Villa for a weekend of rest and relaxation. It was wonderful. The owners Wolfgang and Rosi and their staff did everything to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. The rustic villa at Seaside was just my style and right on the edge of the beautiful beach. I can think of no better getaway than Inchcape Seaside Villas and I would recommend Inchcape to anyone!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I don’t usually write reviews but the immaculate house, the spectacular beach view, the perfect balcony, and the friendliest staff compels me to break this pattern. Inchcape is perfectly located on the island of Barbados. It’s secluded enough for complete privacy and close enough to Oistins (for the best fish ever) or the Beach Bar (for the best rum punch ever.) As for the basics of comfort, everything is very clean, linens are in excellent condition, and the furniture seems new or well-kept. The owners speak English very well (which was helpful to me) and communicating before and during the trip was easy. If you’re looking for the perfect getaway, I highly recommend Inchcape.

Room Tip: Go with your price point or comfort level. All of the cottages are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I should have written this review five years ago when my husband and I rented out all of Inchape's units for our wedding in Barbados--An absolutely perfect location to host all of our guests for an entire week. After my most recent tri I knew I had to write a review. To say Inchape is idyllic, is an understatement. It is, quite frankly, perfect. On my first visit, we rented Cottage A, which was lovely. Two outdoor patios, plus a rooftop deck. Cool ocean breezes at night. Additionally, our guests took up nearly every other rental on the property, and each and everyone unit was unique. Another reviewer mentioned "old fashioned charm," which I would completely agree. There is something very simple, clean and airy about all the spaces. Exactly what you would want in the caribbean.

This time, I stayed in the Sunset apartment upstairs with panoramic views of the ocean. It was amazing to fall asleep every night with waves of the ocean crashing only moments away. It was utterly relaxing. Both stays have been more than enjoyable. Rosie and Wolfgang make sure everything is taken care of for you to have the best stay possible. From borrowing their cooler, to sipping a bottle of wine with them, they are the epitome of host and great taste.

If you are looking for a vacation away from the masses, swampy hotel pools, and mindless travelers, then Inchcape is your place. It's clean, quiet and private. A place to unwind. This place is not for those who want to be served by a pool and eat at the onsite restaurant. You have a fully equipped kitchen and functioning apartment here. For me, I loved this because it is what traveling is all about. Getting to know a place and its people. Choose to use the kitchen or not. Personally, we stored wine in the fridge and brewed coffee. That was the extent of its usage. Additionally, the surf bar is just up the road and pour's one of the best rum punches on the island. I cannot say enough about Inchcape. I am already dreaming of my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Inchcape Seaside Villas? Share your experiences!