“":: blank stare:: okay " ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Accra Beach Hotel & Spa

You added Accra Beach Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Rockley | PO Box 73W, Barbados   |
“":: blank stare:: okay " ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Only reason I give Accra beach 3 stars is because it's literally right on the beach and the grounds are kept immaculate.
However ...
Upon check in the room we were given had a strange odor my mom has a strong sense of smell and the response from the front desk was " ::: blank stare::: okay" the grout in the room , the closeness to the elevator , closeness to the ice machine .... Nothing .
It took up until my mom got fed up with the weird smell returning she went downstairs and they just angrily and begrudgingly changed our room . Stoic responses. I wanted to come back for my birthday in October but I'm probably not . Also the "wet floor" sign that lives in the elevator... Ugh

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stay at the Accra on each stay in Barbados. The hotel is well maintained and situated on the best beach! We have always been treated well and it is great to relax and climatize to a non rushed pace.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We spent 12 nights over christmas and I must say I thought the ACCRA Beach Hotel and Spa was great. We have stayed in a few other hotels in St James previously which really is lovely, but the ACCRA's location is great, you have the best of both worlds and can explore the many fabulous restaurants on the Island as you are in the middle of St James and St Lawrence Gap. Taxi or car you can go to them all. I was really impressed mainly with the location. The beach is great with loungers and sun shades and accessed directly from the hotels pool area, which is very nice with a swim up bar in the middle. The hotel is very popular. We didn't eat at the ACCRA, had breakfast once, which was ok. Lunches and evenings we ate out. Daphnes, The Cliff, CINCIN, Champers, Tides, Tapas, Harlequin, Lobster Alive, The Crane, The Residence and others that were fab. I would definitely go back to this hotel as was very reasonable and the location excellent. Staff were very lovely and helpful and our sea view room was great. Would definitely recommend if you want a good hotel that doesn't break the bank and is a perfect base is you are intend to explore the island, its many restaurants and other places of interest.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview, the higher the better as pool area can be quite noisy in evenings when they have...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Spend 12 days here and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Based on the beach you have the option of the beach or the hotels large pools. You also have choice where you eat and drink in the hotel, and being based next to St Lawrence Gap you also have the option of eating in one of the many good restaurants there.
We plan to go back there this year

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

If I would give Accra 4 1/2 stars I would. My girlfriend and I just got back from a 4 night stay here. I had booked a seafront room, but when we checked in they gave us a "complimentary upgrade" to a penthouse suite because there weren't any seafront rooms available (at first I was like "oooo penthouse!"). However, the penthouse suites are basically regular suites except instead of the living room being next to the bedroom, it's downstairs from it. These penthouse suites come with an outdated couch and armchair and a tiny bar area, as well as a small balcony on each floor. The bedroom upstairs was nicely decorated and had a jacuzzi under a skylight in the bathroom. The reason I paid extra for a seafront room is because I LOVE being right by the beach...unfortunately, the penthouse suites are in the middle of the U that makes up the guest room buildings, over-looking the pools and pool bar.
The rooms closest to the beach have much bigger balconies and seem recently renovated/updated. For the record, though, the front desk did call me 5 hours after we arrived saying they had a seafront room available, but we had already settled in and my gf didn't want to move.
The beach is beautiful, the sand is white and never too hot, the water is turquoise and clear with some easy to manage waves...great sunbathing, great swimming, There were always plenty of chairs and umbrellas available (no matter what time you actually get down to the beach) and several guys waiting to help set them up for you. Accra's property is very nicely decorated and aesthetically pleasing. We didn't go in the pools but they looked really nice and the swim-up bar looked fun too.
We didn't eat at the resort very much (mostly due to prices and wanting to try out different places on the island), but the two lunches we did have at the Coco Patch were fine, not amaaazing, but certainly not bad. The service friendly, but pretty slow. That's the main complaint I have, I think.
For breakfast we always went across the street to the little open-air coffee shop for lattes and apple-cinnamon bread. For dinner we checked out the Oistins Friday Night Fish Fry (it's a must go!!! happens every friday!), the St. Lawrence Gap (another place to check out), and Brown Sugar (which had been recommended to us by several people...however it was WAY too expensive for what you end up getting).
Another thing about Accra is how great the location is. Right across the street is a little shopping center that has an ice cream shop (like Coldstone), a convenience store, a little outdoor bar where you can get yummy drinks to go, an Italian restaurant, a Chinese food restaurant, a Middle Eastern restaurant, a donut stand, and some other stuff. It's quite convenient! Anything you could need is really right across the street. It's only a 5 minute drive to the St. Lawrence Gap (a $10 cab ride - in US dollars) and up the other way to restaurants closer to downtown Bridgetown.
In summation! I definitely recommend the Accra for those who don't want to spend an exorbitant amount to stay somewhere on the West Coast (i.e. Sandy Lane, etc) but don't want a dirt-cheap place either. Spend the extra money to get a seaview or seafront room, as the island view rooms face the parking lot. Everyone is friendly, there are tourists from all over the world, and it's in a perfect location.

Room Tip: Seafront or seaview!! Skip the penthouse suites, skip the island view (aka parking lot view)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

spent a couple of days at the Accra Beach hotel in Jan 2014. booked at the last minute as we were in Barbados and decided to stop for a couple of more days. Got the hotel from Trivago and it was one of the more moderate priced hotels, so we didn't expect too much. The room was super, modern and clean and the hotel facilities were great... would recommend

Room Tip: ask for a pool/sea view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The holiday was perfect.
Perfect location, great staff especially elton the bar man, and nice food.

I wasnt all inclusive and didnt eat in the hotel much but what I had was great.

It even had some great entertainment on a nite and a manager cocktail party every monday with free food cocktails and a raffle! Could not ask for more!

The room was cleaned every day! And had all facilities I could ask for.

We actualy found it hard to get a good english brekky where we was located. And didnt realise that the hotel had a great selection of brekky which you could get braught to your room! The prices was great 2!!

Overall I loved the hotel! And barbados and I wouldnt want to stay any where else now I have been here!

Thanks accra!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Accra Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!