I've read the previous reviews and wondered if i'd stayed at the same hotel!
My opionion, is this hotel is overpriced and lacks atmosphere.
I had an 'Island view' room which basically means it looks out over hotel reception and car park onto busy road and unattractive buildings. Even with 2 sets of patio doors the traffic noise woke me. Its not a pleasant outlook at all. I guess the only advantage is that the rooms the beach side have to put up with the current building work - it seems they are completely stripping and renovating the main restaurant and there is constant noise from sawing and building work. This was not mentioned at check in. I'm guessing also that the closure of this restaurant explains why meals are served in an alternative area. My experience here wasn't great, the restaurant host seemed only keen on telling me how much everything would cost and getting my reassurance that if I committed to a continental buffet I wouldn't eat anything from the full menu buffet. I was then seated at a single table (fine) with my back to the views and everything else in the restaurant. I would have moved but the other chair was covered in food.
Check in was quick, but lacked any hospitality and I was left to manage my case on my own to my room (single female traveller). Corridors are dark and seemed to carry a lot of noise late in the evening.The room was dark, with only 2 table lamps to light the room and only one of those worked - there were no privacy curtains only big wooden shutters so to get dressed these have to remain closed (car park / road outside). Room service food (as I arrived just as restaurant closed at 9:30) could have been tasty, but was stone cold.
This was only my second trip to Barbados and this time I was here on business - but was looking at this hotel as a possible future holiday destination later in the year - we previously stayed at Couples, St Lawrence Gap. This hotel does not compare and in my opinion is way over priced. I definately won't return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 ½ acre property is ideally located on a pristine sandy beach on the lively South Coast, 20 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the picturesque capital, Bridgetown. Accra Beach Hotel & Spa has been awarded hotel of the year by the Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association in 2002 and 2005. All rooms offer panoramic views of the island, pool or ocean. The center-piece of the lush gardens is a large swimming pool complete with swim-up bar for icy cold refreshments or guests can enjoy cocktails in the comfort of the ‘Sand Bar’. Additional treats and light meals during the day are offered on our fig tree and bar snack menus. The resort has its very own Spa. Immerse yourself in the Chakra Spa lifestyle where you will enter a welcoming and tranquil space to thoroughly relax, rejuvenate and heal you. In our haven each service, amenity and detail at Chakra Spa is created specifically for you; our valued and sacred guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Accra Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accra Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Accra Beach Hotel And Spa
- Accra Beach Hotel Barbados
- Accra Barbados
- Accra Beach Hotel & Spa Barbados/Christ Church Parish