We had already had a look around the Accra Beach Hotel last year whilst stopping at the Blue Orchids hotel last year. Having been shown a sea-view room, we had booked one as the views were spectacular.
After a week cruising on the Thompson Dream, we were looking forward to our second week in Barbados at the Accra Beach and arrived at the hotel at around 13.45. Unfortunately our room wasn’t ready and we were asked to wait, we used the time to talk to a few people who were getting ready to leave and they explained that they had enjoyed their stay and the laid back atmosphere at the hotel. We were offered some complimentary drinks and eventually got into our room at around 15.50, this was our only bad experience of the hotel.
Once in the room, we immediately forgot the checking-in issues as the room was spacious, spotless and fresh, and the view of the gorgeous sea and beach were as good if not better than we remembered them being. We had 2 queen size beds, one for me and my wife, and one for our 15 year old daughter, the bathroom was of a good size and again clean, fresh and modern. Wardrobe space was fine and the free safe a bonus, the room’s air-conditioning was good, so all in all more than happy with the room. My daughter was also very happy as the Wi-Fi was free and worked seemingly everywhere, including the beach!!
We were room only, so cannot make a comment on the food personally, but some people we met had took up the 3 day half board package available, and they said the food was good. We knew that there were many eating options very close to the hotel and used these, I would recommend “The Ackee Tree (100 yards to the left on the main road), Double D.Lish and Chilly Moos(Opposite) and the small wooden restaurants set back off the beach by the car park. I love the local food and we had Roti’s, Flying Fish, Fish Cakes and doubles, and the food was all very tasty and sensibly priced.
We went to the Managers cocktail party on the Monday night, it was low key, but a good chance to meet other guests and Hotel Management, the rum punch was also tasty and potent, this only last for an hour however. We also attended the karaoke and saw the show on the BBQ night, both good fun and definitely hassle free. Happy Hour was good value and took advantage of it on a couple of nights.
The pool, gardens and beach were all beautiful, clean and well kept, whilst we were there the sea was quite rough, but there were a number of lifeguards on duty and they ensured that unwary guests weren’t put at risk. The colour of the sea is amazing here, and the sand nearly white, there wasn’t any hassle on the beach either, the occasional person would ask if you wanted a massage, or to buy a bracelet, but some days we didn’t see anyone, again adding to the very laid back, stress free environment.
We all agreed that this was one of the best hotels we had stopped in, and together with the fantastic people, both tourists and locals, that we had met, one of our best holidays ever. We loved the cruise and it’s itinerary, we loved Barbados, it’s fantastic beaches, people and food, and we loved the Accra Beach Hotel for the rooms, the view, the ambience, it’s location, and the fact that as we left we felt that we had experienced everything a good holiday should have, and that we are already looking forward to being back at the Accra Beach Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 ½ acre property is ideally located on a pristine sandy beach on the lively South Coast, 20 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the picturesque capital, Bridgetown. Accra Beach Hotel & Spa has been awarded hotel of the year by the Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association in 2002 and 2005. All rooms offer panoramic views of the island, pool or ocean. The center-piece of the lush gardens is a large swimming pool complete with swim-up bar for icy cold refreshments or guests can enjoy cocktails in the comfort of the ‘Sand Bar’. Additional treats and light meals during the day are offered on our fig tree and bar snack menus. The resort has its very own Spa. Immerse yourself in the Chakra Spa lifestyle where you will enter a welcoming and tranquil space to thoroughly relax, rejuvenate and heal you. In our haven each service, amenity and detail at Chakra Spa is created specifically for you; our valued and sacred guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Accra Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accra Beach Hotel And Spa
- Accra Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Accra Beach Hotel Barbados
- Accra Barbados
- Accra Beach Hotel & Spa Barbados/Christ Church Parish