“Wonderful service & great menu” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean, Sushi, Asian fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto
“Wonderful service & great menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

From the moment we arrived and were greeted warmly by the hostess, we enjoyed our experience at Naru. The restaurant was very busy but our waiter Jibari was helpful and patient with our questions and allowed us to substitute a few items in our order of assorted sushi. We had a lovely bottle of Dr Loosen Riesling and of course, tried the coconut & lemongrass sake. Great atmosphere, exceptional service, terrific food. We will be back.

London, United Kingdom
“New fave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Having grown up in Barbados and been back a good few times since I have sampled a lot of the island's restaurants. A few weeks ago a friend took us here and even though I'm not a big sushi eater this has now become one of, if not the, my favourite restaurants in Barbados.
My mum forgot her reading glasses, no problem the staff had a pair just for those cases!
Amazing staff and service and the food was absolutely delicious sushi fan or not. My favourite was the spider pig.
Next time I'd book and make sure to sit on the waterfront/boardwalk.
Definitely recommend a visit to Naru and the doughnuts for dessert!
See you next time!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Maki rolls to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Naru is the first of the restaurants from last year that really delivered!

Very good service and the maki rolls was god like.

Will return for more!

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Great service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

If you're in Barbados you definitely need to stop by Naru. We stayed at the Hilton which is about a mile or so from Naru (my husband and I walked it a few times.) First off, the service is outstanding! The waiters are so polite and genuinely nice. The food matches the service. I got the "Wizard of Oz" roll which was so fresh and light and my husband got the macadamia crusted catch of the day which was amazing. This restaurant was one of our favorites that we had on the island.

brighton
“Check the crab...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to Naru last night. We had a lovely table by the sea, and a good rum sour to start. The menu has sushi and other more traditional dishes. We ordered some sushi to start with the plan that we would go for something else afterwards. The waiters were very nice, but not that good at explaining the dishes. In particular, I though the "cones" were going to be a few small ones rather than one large one, and I'm not sure that really worked. The BBQ pork rolls were really good, but the "Duality" dish (crab and shrimp) was only OK, partly because they used crab sticks rather than real crab. That's fine, but they ought to have made that clear (to be fair, one of the waiters was new). So we were quite full up after that, and didn't have a main course; a shame because I was hoping to try one of the noodle dishes. After a pause we went for the cinnamon doughnuts, which were nice, and then we were done.

I think this is potentially very good place to eat, but the crab issue was annoying. I think they need to simplify the menu and then make sure the waiters know it inside out.

Visited December 2013