“Service was a bit slow but well worth the wait!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Caribbean, Asian fusion
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
“Service was a bit slow but well worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We went with a group of 9 people and there was also a VERY large party on the patio. We did have to wait for our food but they brought out some crispy won tons to help tide us over. I got the sweet potato and plantain soup and it was the best soup I've had in ages. Our table did some sharing (small plates style dining). The duck spring rolls were wonderful too. The best part of the evening was the dessert. We shared the doughnuts with cinnamon and then trio of banana desserts. The bananas were to die for. If I wasn't leaving the island today I would go back again :)

91% Recommend
Philadelphia, PA
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We just got done eating at Naru and had a wonderful meal. It was a bit pricey but the staff was very attentive and the food was excellent. The wild mushroom risotto was incredible! We were able to get in last minute, which was also a plus.

Barbados
“Excellent Service and Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My girlfriends and I had our Annual Christmas Dinner at Naru Restaurant this year and were absolutely delighted by their excellent food and service! We have had bad experiences in the past at other restaurants and were a bit nervous as to what this year would bring.
I have to say we were totally thrilled that this time around we have found a restaurant that delivers what it advertises. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. Service top of the line and ambiance divine.
We will definitely be going back!!!
thank you again Naru's staff for making this Christmas Dinner so perfect!

London
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I ate here in the middle of December and true to previous form, (Barry was exec chef and co-owner of the prestigious and much missed 'Southsea' restaurant) - Barry and his chefs served the tastiest food we had on the entire island. My husband doesn't eat fish and he pronounced his beef fillet with garlic mash, balsamic glaze etc as 'divine'; I on the other hand, happily ate some of the best sushi and sashimi ever tasted! The location is beautiful, set on the new boardwalk just up from Accra beach and the fusion of the food transgresses into the gorgeous trendy decor. Definately one of the best eating and tasting experiences to be found on that little island :)

Barbados
“A New Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Now this is a restaurant that makes me proud to be Bajan....imagine that the sushi world now has a Proper Pork Maki roll!

Naru is such a fun place to dine. The staff are so friendly and really go out of their way to make sure that you have a good time. It was refreshing to see such an innovative menu with so many new and exciting flavours to discover. Every dish was fantastic and I can't wait to go back!

My only negative comment would be that Naru could really utilize their seaside location better; despite being right on the boardwalk overlooking the sea, outside is very dark and you really don't appreciate how beautiful a view it is...Maybe some torches would do the trick? That said, the food is so reasonably priced and everything else is so good that it takes little away from a wonderful and unique dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere