It was our first family vacation with our 8 month old son and our stay at Cleverdale made it possible. I can't say enough good things about Brigette and Stephanie. They were helpful, informative and patient. Brigette was considerate enough to provide a bath tub for my son at no cost. We stayed in one of the studio apartments for US$55 per night.
Accommodations: The bedroom was basic and small. There is a small kitchenette, bed,basic cable television, narrow corridor leading into small closet area and a bathroom. Two twin beds were pushed together for our stay. It was not very comfortable sleeping in the middle of the bed but we made it work. I saved money preparing meals. There were enough kitchen utensils and the stove worked well. We could not make ice in the refrigerator. The bathroom was clean and the hot and cold water worked well. The drapes in the room were mouldy and needed cleaning. I wish we had an extra fan in the day time when it got humid but at night the ceiling fan was good enough. The garden on our side was beautiful and my son enjoyed exploring. The porch is the saving grace for the small apartment. We were not allowed to use the front of the porch since it was used by the guests in the main house but we did not need that much space. The side porch was good enough and it was refreshing sitting on the porch looking at the ocean. By the second day the guests from the main house and my husband were sharing stories and drinking together. I felt very safe at Cleverdale but I was in bed with my son very early. Unfortunately, one of the girls in the main house was mugged in St. Lawrence Gap around 2 am. The Gap in the day time was lonely and I would not have felt safe there at night.
At the back of the beach house the grocery is within walking distance. I preferred the grocery closer to the gas station. It was big and well stocked. The restaurants on the Gap are expensive but take advantage of happy hour in the restaurants. Take a $2 taxi ride or walk to the shopping centre near Rockley beach where the food is more reasonable.
Cleverdale overlooks Worthing beach.This beach is beautiful. white sand and light blue water. My son was so excited in the water. There were few people on the beach. Do not walk on the beach at night. It is very dark.
I cannot wait to visit Barbados again when my son is older. There is so much I want to see. I would definitely stay at Cleverdale. It is cosy, welcoming and affordable.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Guesthouse Cleverdale Hotel Christ Church
- Beach Guesthouse Cleverdale Hotel
- Beach Guesthouse Cleverdale Barbados/Christ Church Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barbados beach guest-house Cleverdale, studio apartments, rooms or 3-5 bedroom vacation home as a holiday rental located in Barbados favorite area of Saint Lawrence Gap - Worthing, Christ Church, South-coast. Sea - beach view from the veranda of this Barbados guest-house and apartments. There are different cheap budget accommodations available at this beach guesthouse. You can rent guest-house rooms with own bath, shared bath and shared facilities of the guesthouse. The suites are self-catering studio apartments. You can also rent the house as a 3-5 bedroom house for a bigger group. The main house has 3 bedrooms, 3 bath rooms, living-dining room and kitchen. If you book a room you share the house facilities with the guests of the other rooms. The studio apartments are semi attached and are independent from the main 3 bedroom guesthouse. Free wireless and safe box. This favorite location of Saint Lawrence Gap is a preferable area for visitors. There are many hotels, restaurants, beach bars, bar, discos, mini marts, shops, banks and the night life of Barbados just in 5 minutes walking distance. Our accommodations are still far enough away from the night life area to avoid disturbance of the busy St. Lawrence Gap.This German managed wooden/stone beach home cottage is built traditional in the past colonial style and well renovated every year. The guesthouse is furnished and decorated the Caribbean way. The guest-house is set out with 3 bedrooms in the main house with two separate studio apartments (which have their own kitchenettes and bathrooms) adjoining the main house.Therefore this vacation home can either be let as a 3 bedroom beach home or a 5 bedroom vacation beach-house (which would include the two self-catering studio apartments) as the bedroom door in the studio apartments can be opened from the main house on request but also have a separate entrance from outside.You can rent guesthouse rooms with shared kitchen and living-dining room.The main 3 bedroom vacation home has a living/dining room, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite), complete kitchen and a spacious beach view veranda. This holiday beach home budget guesthouse cottage is surrounded by a small tropical garden.The main beach house has a living- dining room, ceiling or standing fans, SAT TV, Stereo-system, telephone and free Wireless..Bedrooms furnished with single beds which can be zipped together as king size beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Beach Guesthouse Cleverdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.