This was a beautiful property with friendly staff! We travel 4 to 6 times a year with our 3 young children, age 5, 3, and 1. Our philosophy is travel to new places all the time because life is short and the world is big!
Facilities: Nice pools with a beach front property. We had a one bedroom suite equipped with full kitchen and a large bathroom of 2 sinks. Carribean decor and very well kept units. Daily maid services really made our stay confortable and relaxing. We were located on the ground floor which allowing us to step out of our patio and voila, the pool!
Beach: Gorgeous! ONly 20 foot steps away from our patio after the pool. Except many europeans smoke and dump the cigarette buds on the sand.
Location: I like the quiet setting but yet convenient access to bus. We took local bus, 5 mins walk from the resort, for $0.50 / ride (children were all free so it was a good deal for us). Buses are convient to Bridgetown and Oistins. (every 1/2 minute if you count small buses )
Staff: Friendly and accomodating.
Price: Excellent! I won the auction and paid $450 US for one week of one bedroom. Comes to $65/ night with daily mate services.
Restaurant: They offer management buffet and carribean buffet for about $30-$35 US / adult. COnsidering high cost of EVERYTHING in Barbados, we found it pretty good quality and services. (especially one night the dinner buffet is accompanied by floor show of typical carribbean dances and fire eating. Very entertaining for kids)
One note for those with kids, DON'T BOTHER with the HARBOUR LIGHTS unless you only look for a place to get drunk. OUr kids were starved (bus picked us up at 6:00pm and we had to line up outside for 30 mins to pay and get in evethough everyone had a reservation. NO FOOD still at 8:15pm. We left and asked for a refund. Took a taxi to come back to the resort.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish