This was our 2nd trip to Barbados and our first stay at Bougainvillea. I did a lot of research when deciding where to stay this time. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. I was not disappointed.
Upon arrival, we were greeted with our choice of complimentary tropcial drinks (2 fresh fruit, 1 rum punch). The staff were very courteous, friendly and helpful...always greeted us with a smile and remembered our names. Our room was comfortable and cleaned daily. There was only 1 day when we had to ask (repeatedly) for clean towels. Our room was on the ground level with a patio view of the sea and one of the pools. At first this was quite a treat. It was no longer a treat when at 7:30 in the morning there were people in the pool making an enormous amount of noise. When I went out to the patio to see what was happening, I discovered a father and small child playing with pool noodles. He apologized and promised to keep the noise down. (He did for the most part.) There were A LOT of children at this resort, even in the "adult" swim up bar. I was disappointed that management did not enforce the 16 years and up only rule. The swim up bar was something I looked forward to. (I soon got over it!)
We found the restaurant food and drinks to be over priced for what was served. I did not find any of the mixed drinks to be worth 12 Barbados dollars. We found a nice bar down the street from the resort...Thomo's Loved the malibu and sprite! Very friendly staff (Rosie was a riot!) Karaoke night was a ton of fun! A nice, relaxing place to unwind.
The beach front was decent, but rough on several days. Most of the umbrella tables were long gone by the time we arrived (around 9-9:30). I'm not complaining since the beach was only 20 steps from our patio! Vendors approach you trying to sell their wares. A simple "No, thank you" will send them on their way. We never had any trouble. They would simply smile back and wish us a happy holiday.
Oisten's is definitely worth the trip. Great food in the gap and at Leroy's right outside the resort. I ate a different kind of fish every night and was never disappointed.
We went horseback riding on the East coast and it was wonderful. Take a trip to North Point, where the Caribbean and Atlantic meet. It is breathtaking! Snorkel with sea turtles and see beautiful fish.
One regret I have is using the travel advisor that came as part of our package. She greeted us the second day we were there and assured us that she was the only one who could book our tours. (WRONG!) She took money as deposit but then did not book all of our excursions. Then when questioned, she was hesitant about returning our money. Thankfully the resort staff was understanding and did everything they could to book our excursions.
To make a long story short, Bougainvillea is a nice, family resort with friendly staff, decent amenities and is within close proximity to St. Lawrence Gap. (We took a taxi but found it quite expensive. Take the "bus" which costs $1.50 Barbadian each way. It's always an event!) I would go back to Barbados tomorrow. I probably would stay at another resort, just because I like variety. I would recommend to friends, though.
If you would like additional information, please send me an email. I am happy to share!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views and conveniences including kitchens, free Wi-Fi, IPAD/IPOD docking stations and flat screen TVs. Junior suites, one and two bedrooms have dining/living areas with sofa bed. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish