We stayed at the Bougainville for ten days with our 6 month old daughter and couldn't ask for a better vacation.
The room was spacious, clean and they provided us with both a cot and a high chair so we could enjoy breakfast and lunch on our large balcony.
We ate at both restaurants, the food was good and we can really recommend eating there on Monday nights when they served a Caribbean BBQ.
The staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful and they always went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.
The pool was nice and clean and they made great drinks in the pool bar. The beach was great, plenty of chairs and umbrellas and the guys working at the water sports were always helpful. The waves were pretty high, fun for us but can be difficult if you have young children.
If you are looking for a great and helpful taxi driver ask for Ricky who normally parks outside the hotel.
There were plenty of good restaurants in the Gap and in the Hastings area and a visit to Oistins fish market on Friday night is a must. All of these places are only 5-10 minutes away in a taxi and if you don't travel with really young children you can easily walk to the Gap.
Overall we truly enjoyed our stay at the Bougainville and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Priceline, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish