I just got back from a 5 day stay at Bougainvillea, it was perfect! I travelled with two teens and a toddler and we all enjoyed everything the resort had to offer. We stayed on the 3rd floor in the one bedroom deluxe suite. It had a nice view of the pool bar area and some of the beach. It was a workout climbing those steps with a toddler we didn't mind.
They were so friendly, professional,caring, and down to earth. From Kelly at the front desk, Stephen at concierge, Rachel at the gift shop,Jose at the bar, Nicole in Lanterns, to Andre at the bar...I can go on and on about every wonderful staff member. Every single person greeted you and asked how you were. They went above and beyond to make sure you had everything you needed.
The hotel is so beautiful and well kept. The grounds, public toilets, beach, showers, pool area, children's play rom, gym, and the rooms were very clean! Our room was cleaned daily and to perfection!
The only one place in the hotel that could use a slight makeover would be the game room. I think they should have a token machine in the the game room so you don't have to go back to the reception desk when you want to play something else.
We only ate at Lanterns for lunch and for a buffet. The food was good but the buffet price was too high, about $35 US plus taxes and surcharges per person.
The food was delicious. I found the lunch to be very good at a reasonable price. I saw a lot of reviews about the slow service in the restaurant but we did not have to wait long at all. The speed of the service was as fast as a typical restaurant in the US.
The restaurant manager was awesome and very caring.
You have to get up early to get a beach chair with shade. Other than that, there are always plenty of chairs on the beach. The beaches are well kept. We were never harassed by any merchants on the beach. The water was very rough and looked dangerous for swimming but a quick dip was ok.
Even though there were a lot of guest there, it never felt over crowded. There were two happy hours, and that's when you would see a lot of people. Each happy hour is only for one hour so It was hard to get more than one happy hour priced drink. The hotel definitely could use either a longer happy hour and/or increase the bar staff during this time.
The staff loved my son and even gave me a little break to get a drink by holding him for me.
I highly recommend Bougainvillea, and I cannot wait to return!!!!!
Thank you Bougainvillea for a fun and a relaxing 4 star vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Odigeo so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish