Hello to our beloved Bougainvillea!!! Apologies for the extreme delay in our review - truth is I thought I did this when we came back but unfortunately it did not post! If it says anything, August 2011 was our first trip to Barbados and we have been back 4 times in the last year. Upon arriving to the resort, we were greeted by the always friendly Melissa, who was so kind and sweet. She let us know they were just putting the finishing touches on our room and gave us free drink tickets to go have a famous rum punch on them. How sweet!
A very nice gentleman came and got our luggage and showed us down to the bar. My first impression was met with extreme delight when I saw the cleanliness of the grounds and the absolutely breathtaking beauty that is the Caribbean Sea. The bartender was a very sweet and spunky woman who made us the best rum punch I think we have had to date!!!
There was a call to the bar from the front desk to let us know our room was ready. Upon arriving to our room, we were greeted with rose petals all over the room, champagne and a beautiful welcome card. When the curtains were drawn the site of the ocean view took my breath away. The room was large and spacious, with a very comfortable bed and sitting area, lovely local magazines and a fully equipped kitchen. Right after we got settled in, I turned around to my surprise to find my now husband on his knee proposing to me in our room!! What a way to start our vacation.
When we went down to the front desk, they immediately noticed the new sparkly accessory and congratulated us. They again offered us drink coupons to celebrate.
We spent 5 nights and 6 days on the beautiful beach. We also explored the island, hired a car for a day to see the sites, headed out on a catamaran ride with Cool Runnings, went to Harrison's Cave and had to go to Oistins!! At night, we ventured out and walked a couple blocks to Pablo Dante's. We had the time of our lives there. The Bajan people are so amazing and welcoming; like no other island in the Caribbean we have been to.
We ate at the bar and were pleasantly surprised with the jerk chicken rolls, sweet potato fries and sliders. We also ate at Lanterns literally in the sand at sunset - it was so romantic that I really didn't care what was on the plate!
We thoroughly enjoyed our bartender and fast friend, Lindon. We actually ran into him at Oistins about a month later and had a grand time with him and his friend!! We also kept in touch with Melissa for a while but lost contact. We missed them so much that on our last trip there (we got married on the island this August but because our party was so large opted for a different location) we went to the Bougainvillea to see Melissa and Lindon and even left our hotel information and phone numbers since they weren't there. If that doesn't tell you the impression left by these amazing people I don't know what will!
We will be back at the Bougainvillea from July 22 to August 2 for crop over and we are SO excited to see everyone again!!
Thank you to the Bougainvillea family for making us part of it by treating us so amazing. We can't wait to see you all again!!
Anne and Lesly Edmond
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel Christ Church
- Bougainvillea Barbados
- Hotel Bougainvillea Beach
- Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Hotel
- Beach Bougainvillea Resort
- Bougainvillea Hotel Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort Barbados/Christ Church Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea is the one that offers it all. Edged by two beautiful beaches, the resort, well known for its personal-touch and service, has 138 spacious suites which are just footsteps from the sand. Mediterranean style architecture surrounded by tropical gardens and the namesake Bougainvillea flowers create a tranquil setting, yet the location is merely minutes from south coast hotspots, making it an ideal base for exploring Barbados. Recommended for couples or families, the roomy suites all have ocean-facing balconies with breathtaking views and conveniences including kitchens, free Wi-Fi, IPAD/IPOD docking stations and flat screen TVs. Junior suites, one and two bedrooms have dining/living areas with sofa bed. As a full service leisure resort, Bougainvillea has three swimming pools, a swim-up bar with daily happy hour, two beachfront restaurants, well-equipped fitness centre, luxurious Spa services, watersports, tennis court, Kids Club, Teen games room and outdoor play park. Entertainment is also offered several nights per week. Bougainvillea is a green hotel and has been awarded the Travelife GOLD award and the EarthCheck PLATINUM award for its commitment to the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Bougainvillea Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.