We stayed for a week at this hotel and had a wonderful time using it as a base to explore the local area and the rest of Barbados.
The check in process seemed disorganised and we felt like we were causing the staff an inconvenience. This continued throughout the holiday. Bar and reception staff seemed unfriendly, but the lovely security staff made up for that.
The room was large and comfortable. The room was clean, but in places could do with a refurbishment, for example the bathrooms.
We were self catering and these facilities were adequate for breakfasts and lunches but I wouldn't like to attempt anything too complicated, as only basic equipment. We ate out mainly, only eating lunch once at the hotel restaurant. We weren't impressed. Tough chicken and basic sandwiches. Much better food down the road in oistins.
The outdoor pool area and views were beautiful and definitely a major plus of this hotel.
The location was ok. A short walk to oistins and a decent supermarket. But after dark and any further afield you need to use the reggae bus number 11. We used these regularly, very frequent service, cheap and convenient, just flag them down and tell them where you want to go. At times we loved riding the bus, but at times they were packed, especially at rush hour and we would have liked to be able to walk to st Lawrence gap easily. So next time we will look for hotels closer to there.
Generally, a lovely hotel, which just needs a little sprucing up, and is perfect if you hire a car or are happy to use public transport all of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the South Coast of Barbados in an ocean front setting with access to two white-sand beaches, and a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Refurbished in June 2009, we are an excellent hotel for those looking for a self-catering but full-service property near to all the amenities the island has to offer... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Butterfly Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly Beach Hotel Barbados/Christ Church Parish
- Hotel Butterfly Beach
- Butterfly Beach Barbados
- Butterfly Beach Christ Church
- Butterfly Hotel Barbados