Friends and our first trip to the island but will certainly return. The hotel is a littles gem, very clean, great beach and water, good food and friendly staff. Rooms were a little tired but always clean, good air conditioning, fresh towels every day. For what they charge for a room it really is a steal of a deal and who really spends much time in their room. No problem with loungers although as it filled up we noticed they added additional as needed.
We had a garden view which although closer to the street was quite quiet especially as we ran the air at nigh. Our friends could not sleep with air on and was a bit loud for them, however the hotel quickly accommodated a water view for minimal cost...well worth it for them.
We traveled by the local minivan taxi's which are cheap and always efficient. Would recommend you give a quick look at available space on them before flagging down as they will cram you
aboard, however that can be part of the fun. We rented a car and driver for 9 hours for all of us for 220 us$ for a tour of whatever we wanted to do and go on the island. More expensive then renting a car but then better guide and one isn't stuck always concentrating on driving a car vs looking around. Amazing amount of roads on the island and lots to see....especially things you would never know about if you didn't have a local with you.
We ate some suppers at the hotel, food service and price good. We explored outside for meals as well and worth going out to to find some local spots. Always felt safe and people always willing to help.
Did Oistens and although Friday is the day to do it...it was more relaxed on the saturday for our speed.
A week is not enough it would take a long time to do the island justice although should have dine 10 days.
We would return and will return. We did not have our 4 teenage daughters with us and really would not be the hotel to captivate them. They are use to all inclusive as age ranges from 13 - 19 and while they would enjoy the beach we know they would need more... That said people had kids their and they enjoyed it from the looks of things...everyone knows their own kids needs.
Thanks to to the hotel staff they helped makes things enjoyable.
Overall I just didn't give it a 5 star because it lacks amenities of other hotels but for sheer value and a nice little resort it ranks up with tje best for what it offers for the price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the South Coast of Barbados in an ocean front setting with access to two white-sand beaches, and a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Refurbished in June 2009, we are an excellent hotel for those looking for a self-catering but full-service property near to all the amenities the island has to offer... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Butterfly Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly Beach Hotel Barbados/Christ Church Parish
- Hotel Butterfly Beach
- Butterfly Beach Barbados
- Butterfly Beach Christ Church
- Butterfly Hotel Barbados