“Wow - A Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Caribbean, French, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
england
“Wow - A Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

idyllic setting, great food, at a price I guess you'd expect to pay in Barbabos for one of it's top restaurants. Great place for a special occasion - but book up well in advance - even booking before you leave for your holiday - as its very very popular. The whole ambience of the place is lovely and the service great.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
“Non smokers beware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Very enjoyable food, attentive waiting staff all fine. The couple that lit up their cigarettes and started blowing their smoke our way during our main course not so fine.
I queried this with the waiter who kindly offered to ask the couple concerned to stop smoking, however we opted to move tables.
My wife and I queried the Cliffs smoking policy by email the following day and were somewhat surprised by the response.
It seems that as the restaurant isn't an enclosed building smoking is permitted. Therefore, they will allow guests to smoke but they must stop if someone complains.So, if you do not like a mouthful of tobacco smoke with your (extremely expensive) main course at the Cliff restaurant do tell the waiter so that he can prevent it starting before you eat.

Visited May 2013
Northampton
“Excellent as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have been to the Cliff for many years! It is still as fabulous! Great service, food and an amazing setting! Well done!

Visited May 2013
Scotland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Treated like royalty from the second we arrived to the second we left. The setting is one of best we have ever encountered. Food was utterly divine (and that's high praise indeed coming from one of the fussiest eaters on the planet), service was second to none. I will never forget my Flaming Snowball dessert, it was absolutely fantastic, I never take photographs of food but I just had to take a pic of that, superb.

Well worth every cent in our opinion.

Visited April 2013
England
“Beyond great Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Booked this in advance before leaving the UK to secure a Waterside table., all confirmed by e mail very efficiently.
Let me start by saying my wife always researches where we go in detail and from that forms a high expectation which is often not delivered.
Well this blew expectation out of the water.
I cannot imagine a more spectacular location , we went early for drinks in the terrace bar over sunset and it being a special occasion shared a bottle of bubbly , we were in awe of the place and its ambience , simply stunning.
Ambience would be no good if the food was no good but our meal and the service were impeccable , simply the finest steak I have ever tasted and the sweets were to die for , they even delivered us a plate of pastries with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate.
Our sea side table was great , you could see Sting Rays and Barracudas coming in for the food attracted by the lights and just as my wife said I just felt a spot of rain a motorised roof shot over our heads before the second drop could fall , pure theatre , what an experience.
Not cheap, close your eyes and sign the bill, its worth it , go for it you wont regret it.

• Visited May 2013