I have just returned from The Club Barbados and can honestly say it was the most relaxing holiday I have had to date.
The location is excellent with some of the best diving and snorkelling in Barbados just off the sun terrace. Most water sports are included for free and on arrival I was given 400 Dollars in vouchers to use on other activities around the island. I have to confess that I never actually used the pools as the lure of the crystal clear Caribbean was too great... There are two sandy beaches accessible from the club - Sandy Lane to the left which is well known and a more secluded beach around 100 yards away towards Holetown.
The staff are extremely welcoming and always did their best to ensure you never wanted for anything. I would particularly like to mention Elvis and Jade who make great cocktails. Diane and the staff in the restaurant were also very helpful and pleasant to talk to.
In my opinion the food on offer in the main restaurant complex was of an excellent standard with essentially four meals a day being available. Enid's (the smaller of the two onsite restaurants) offers authentic local cooking but I ran out of time to try it this time round.
With regard to the room it was very clean, had a very comfortable bed with a good sized bathroom as well as a balcony overlooking the pools. There was a new flat screen TV and the air con was very effective. I accept that you could see a few paint splashes here and there on the windows and some of the bathroom tiles but this did not really concern me. I understand that a major refurbishment is in the offing for all rooms.
I will definitely be returning to this venue - hopefully this autumn.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club Hotel
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.