Just returned and had a lovely holiday. This is however not yet a four star hotel but it is trying. Access to the sea is challenging, so if you like to sit on the beach and just walk into the sea, this is not for you. There are steps down to the sea from the hotels man made beach but unless it is low tide you are in danger of being swept off them and onto rocks. You can access a very nice beach if you dont mind making a little trek. But if you do this be aware that you will only have sand to sit on and there is no shade!
The hotel is all inclusive and the food is very good. However most evenings it is a la carte dining and the service can be a bit slow. Gave up on desert one night after waiting 45 minutes for it! The hotel advertise that they use premium brand spirits and they may do sometimes but expect to mostly drink local versions!
Our room was a little tired and dated but perfectly adequate. Work is continuing at the hotel to spruce it up but most of this is not intrusive. Expect to smell paint here and there.
Check out is as usual 12pm, however for US$100 you can keep your room for another 2 hours, I didn't bother.
Overall I would return if I could find a deal at the right price, however this hotel if definitely not worth paying full brochure price for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Club, Barbados! The Club is the only Adults Only All-Inclusive resort in Barbados (all guests must be 16 years of age or older). The Club is located at St. James Beach, on the highly sought after West Coast of Barbados. We offer a terrific variety of guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, two restaurants, bars, freshwater swimming pools, fitness centre, and much more. Enjoy amazing ocean views, evening entertainment, and a cheerful, friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy a cocktail with your fellow guests and explore the best of Barbados. Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, girlfriend getaways, spa retreats, and anyone seeking the fun, sun, and relaxation Barbados is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Club, Barbados Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Club Hotel Saint James
- Almond Beach Club And Spa
- Almond Beach Hotel
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- The Club, Barbados Resort And Spa Saint James Parish