Hotel is full of english people, who lets face it (although I'm english) aren't very friendly. There is absolutely no atmosphere at this hotel day or night, and most of the guests are 40-70 year olds - so to advertise this as a honeymoon hotel is a bit of a joke. The decoration is lovely, however it has no caribbean feel to the hotel (at all). Fair enough you can say that the hotel had teething problems, but when you are paying those kinds of prices it shouldn't, for example, our balcony wasn't finished (majorly unsafe), we had no electric in our room downstairs, there was no kettle / iron or mirrors in the room, the electric went off in the hotel everyday as it was being powered by 2 large generators outside the front of the hotel. Also the pool area absolutely stank of poo! The area in which this hotel is located isn't near to anything, if you want some night life or hustle and bustle you need to stay at the Gap. We got married a week earlier in St.Lucia and it was amazing, i am not sure whereabouts there would be to get married at this hotel, and I am so glad we didn't. If you aged between 20-30, I would look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cosy, full service all-inclusive beach-front resort where no effort is spared to deliver whatever our guests want. Exquisite spa, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, complimentary daily leisure activities, entertainment schedule and complimentary afternoon tea service. Adult-only section,sunset cocktail bar. Helpful, friendly staff. An unforgettable experience awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Waves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waves Hotel Saint James
- Escape At Prospect Bay Hotel
- Escape Hotel Spa Barbados
- Waves Barbados/Saint James Parish