Well if you are looking for the perfect all inclusive getaway in Barbados, this is not the place.
The resort has two buildings, one beach front and one cross the street with its own pool.
The main building (beachfront) has also a small secluded pool.
The hotels has no pool bars or beach cabanas bars.
You need to make your way up the stairs to the main lobby to order your drinks
Staff do come down to the beach with a tray full of pre-made drinks...
The staff is not the friendliest, odd since Bajan people are very friendly.
Restaurant wise the complex has three restaurants. The Rosso Vivo (Italian fusion), The East (Asian fusion) and the Seascape where the daily buffet breakfast is served...which in my opinion has the best dinners since they offer more local cuisine as well as fish.
Avoid The East, the portions are small, very small and taste wise...mmmmm not the best. They try hard to serve Asian dishes also with sushi rolls...well I did not travel all the way from Canada to Barbados to have sushi, we have better sushi places at home.
Other than that is not too bad but definitely I won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cosy, full service all-inclusive beach-front resort where no effort is spared to deliver whatever our guests want. Exquisite spa, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, complimentary daily leisure activities, entertainment schedule and complimentary afternoon tea service. Adult-only section,sunset cocktail bar. Helpful, friendly staff. An unforgettable experience awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Waves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waves Hotel Saint James
- Escape At Prospect Bay Hotel
- Escape Hotel Spa Barbados
- Waves Barbados/Saint James Parish