The room we stayed in overlooked the beach and was lovely. The room was spacious and clean (thanks to the cleaner, who was friendly.) The beach was beautiful and on our doorstep. As smokers we spent a great deal of time hunting for the ashtrays but at least we could smoke on balcony and on terrace. We had been advised of how friendly the locals were and were disappointed that the vast majority of staff appeared to be miserable and rarely cracked a smile. There were a few lovely members of staff who made the effort to be friendly. The regimental requirements to book your meal slot and attend to change beach towels at a designated time took away from the relaxed feel of the island. Entertainment was ok but just as the party started it stopped with entertainment ceasing at 10.30ish each night. I suppose if you are over 60 this may appeal but being slightly younger it was a disappointment. The island itself is beautiful and our trips out made the holiday special. Thankfully we met two lovely couples to share some good times and occasional grumbles with. The food was ok but a buffet style evening meal would have been nice rather than having to have a formal meal every evening. I would recommend Barbados to anyone but if you are pre-retirement maybe another hotel may be more suitable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cosy, full service all-inclusive beach-front resort where no effort is spared to deliver whatever our guests want. Exquisite spa, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, complimentary daily leisure activities, entertainment schedule and complimentary afternoon tea service. Adult-only section,sunset cocktail bar. Helpful, friendly staff. An unforgettable experience awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Waves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waves Hotel Saint James
- Escape At Prospect Bay Hotel
- Escape Hotel Spa Barbados
- Waves Barbados/Saint James Parish