Just back from a 10 day trip and having read all the reviews beforehand we had our eyes wide open prior to arrival and didn't expect it to be all singing all dancing but a number of it's selling points appealed to us greatly. The hotel, like many on the island is small and offers a great deal for couples or singles who wish to relax, enjoy good food and have the ability to use Waves as a base. The major issue with the place isn't the size of the Hotel, the road the seperates the accommodation etc - It's the staff - Functional is the best way to describe the majority or rude and uninterested in service another. Management are completely hopeless at doing their job of managing and very rarely will you see them being associated with anything other than complaints and it s a real shame. Should they take customer service and satisfaction really seriously, then they could have a real golden nugget on their hands but carry on with their chosen path and they will remain to hold onto a dead weight. The excellent parts; Food 9/10 with 'fEast' as a real gem. Entertainment (on a fantastic 2 weekly rota apart from the rubbish managers cocktail bbq) 8.5/10 Adult only swim area (not a hotel for kids anyway) Certain members of staff (5 or 6 of them) The 'Watersports Team' are only interested in selling you 'additional services rather than having people interested in the actual watersports they are there for and don't even think about using the Hobi no matter your vast experience as you need to book a day in advance and require someone with you - WHY? The rest of the issues are very similar to smaller 'non-Sandals type' locations in the Caribbean in the state of disrepair (a bit or a harsh statement), the local spirits only etc But really this place offers so much if only you had interested and helpful staff who were actually interested in the people who pay good money to keep them in a job - A real shame! Many thanks to Kenny and the team at the main Bar, Cheryl for her morning Egg Station and afternoon grill, Cherlyanne and the wonderful Jennifer (Jenny) who could teach everyone about customer service and all the housekeeping and maintenance staff who never passed without at least a 'Hello'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cosy, full service all-inclusive beach-front resort where no effort is spared to deliver whatever our guests want. Exquisite spa, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, complimentary daily leisure activities, entertainment schedule and complimentary afternoon tea service. Adult-only section,sunset cocktail bar. Helpful, friendly staff. An unforgettable experience awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Waves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waves Hotel Saint James
- Escape At Prospect Bay Hotel
- Escape Hotel Spa Barbados
- Waves Barbados/Saint James Parish