We booked Waves a few weeks before travelling and were excited and had fair expectations when reading some of the reviews. The room was good, cleanish apart from the cobwebs. we love sitting on the balcony however not at Waves as the AC unit is sited on the balcony and blows out very hot extract. The food was ok but far from good. Breakfast was poor apart from the egg station, not a good choice at all and a bonus if you have power as 3 mornings out of 9 there was power cuts in the breakfast buffet area in the end you had to laugh. The service was on another level altogether, if I was the manager my first task would be to get the staff to smile and at least look like they want to be there. It was terrible we had to get out after 4 nights and we did. The 2 stars are for the SPA which was great and the guys on the beach. Once out of the OAP home where smiles are hard to come by, Barbados is great. The Cliff restaurant a must, one of the best meals of my life and lives up to it's reputation. Oistins Friday night street food and fun was a great night out. We loved Barbados and met some like minded people who really helped make our holiday memorable. Barbados a must however if you are under 40 surf past Waves and stay 5 miles up the road as the west coast is amazing with so much to do. You can jump on the bus, shop, eat drink and see the real smiles of Barbados.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cosy, full service all-inclusive beach-front resort where no effort is spared to deliver whatever our guests want. Exquisite spa, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, complimentary daily leisure activities, entertainment schedule and complimentary afternoon tea service. Adult-only section,sunset cocktail bar. Helpful, friendly staff. An unforgettable experience awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo and Despegar.com so you can book your Waves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waves Hotel Saint James
- Escape At Prospect Bay Hotel
- Escape Hotel Spa Barbados
- Waves Barbados/Saint James Parish