Lots of positives but a few negatives. On the plus side, nice rooms, very comfortable bed and good housekeeping. Food was good although buffet a bit repetetive. Main bar is great with excellent evening entertainment. Overall staff are very friendly and helpful. Resort is small and people get to know each other quickly. Small beach area but great for swimming in the sea.
On the down side. A main road runs between the two buildings and it's often a crapshoot trying to cross.(One restaurant is on one side, two on the other) It's also not the greatest location but at least there's lots of buses to take you into town.The workmanship in the building isn't great. The elevator is stifling hot. No pool bars, No beach bar. From one pool you have to go through the lobby to get a drink at the main bar. No waiter service in the bar. Drinks were poor. Most resorts water down the drinks but Waves seems to take this to a new level. And the supposed "After-hours bar" was never manned. Internet service is horrendous.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back to Barbados, but not to this resort. Just too many niggling annoyances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cosy, full service all-inclusive beach-front resort where no effort is spared to deliver whatever our guests want. Exquisite spa, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, complimentary daily leisure activities, entertainment schedule and complimentary afternoon tea service. Adult-only section,sunset cocktail bar. Helpful, friendly staff. An unforgettable experience awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Waves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waves Hotel Saint James
- Escape At Prospect Bay Hotel
- Escape Hotel Spa Barbados
- Waves Barbados/Saint James Parish